Menu
Eileen54
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Was a Broadband only customer, was upsold to TV & Broadband over phone and was told it would be cheaper

So the TiVo box arrived on the agreed date (all good). The connection pack I was sent doesn't work as I have a ' super hub' only device that is connected to a wall point that appears to be very dated. (Previous tenants).The cables in the pack do not reach the existing connection point. I have therefore not been able to activate the TV box and heyho.....my bill has gone up!! Can you please explain? I am not happy to pay for a service I am not receiving when I was told on the 'upgrade call' that as a valued customer I would be saving money! 

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Was a Broadband only customer, was upsold to TV & Broadband over phone and was told it would ...

Yet another CS slip-up. The agent should have checked with you that you were siting the TV kit within a couple of metres of the hub. Anything else is not suitable for self-install & requires an engineer visit to make up a cable run. If you have not activated the box you should not be charged.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Eileen54
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Was a Broadband only customer, was upsold to TV & Broadband over phone and was told it would ...

The extra charge wasn't mentioned in the reply and nor was there an offer of an engineer! Meanwhile I have a box I can't use and a TV I can't move, poor service for a 'loyal customer' . Thank you for your response

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Eileen54,

Thanks for posting in the community.

All you should need to do to activate your TiVo® box is to connect it to the coaxial cable in the property.

If this is how it's connected what error messages are you seeing on the screen?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Eileen54
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

The coaxial cable is no where near the TV and is currently connected to the free standing 'super hub' so I cannot connect the cables supplied in the new pack

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yet another CS slip-up. The agent should have checked with you that you were siting the TV kit within a couple of metres of the hub. Anything else is not suitable for self-install & requires an engineer visit to make up a cable run. If you have not activated the box you should not be charged.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Eileen54
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The extra charge wasn't mentioned in the reply and nor was there an offer of an engineer! Meanwhile I have a box I can't use and a TV I can't move, poor service for a 'loyal customer' . Thank you for your response

0 Kudos
Eileen54
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and the extra charge hasn't been mentioned! Could I request an engineer to visit without charge,?or would you like to refund me for the overcharge and collect the box?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As you have marked the thread as resolved you will get no further response from the Forum Team. If you could either remove the "helpful answer" above, or contact customer services (150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from others) they should be able to sort this out for you.

0 Kudos
Eileen54
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I marked someone else's response as helpful, not the response from Virgin Media! My issue has still not been resolved. I have a Tivo box I cannot use, was overcharged for a service I haven't received and very little help from Virgin. If the TV is not based anywhere near the fixed connection point and the cables do not reach it, I am unable to connect! Please help....so frustrating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Eileen54

I appreciate you keeping in touch with us about this and my apologies that this is not yet resolved for you ;(

In order for us to check in with you about this a little further if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then check into this for you further

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to let you know what we need to do next to support you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eileen54.

Many thanks for your PM.

I've got your details and spoken to colleagues to see how best to support you with this.

We do need to arrange to send an engineer around for you in order to get this connected and in order to arrange this with you I'll drop a PM back to you.

If you could look out for this for us, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
0 Kudos