Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (103 Views)

Want to join but misleading advertising ???

[ Edited ]

I'm wanting to switch to Virgin from Sky, & was fully intending on doing it tonight via Live Chat.

Having looked at the bundles, going from the information on the website, I decided to go for the Mix Bundle as it says it gave up to 100mbps (& other services) for £39 per month. 

However, I was confused when they said it offered 50mbps. I sent them the link, which when you click on the package details, it does say up to 50mbps. But, my point is, the initial page is saying 100mbps. 

I took a screenshot so would you lovely people tell me if I'm just needing my eyes tested or am I actually right in what I think I'm seeing? 

Still going to switch, but the 100mbps definitely makes a huge difference.

Virgin Mix Bundle.PNG

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5 (71 Views)

Re: Want to join but misleading advertising ???

That looks outdated, you should get V6 box as a new customer. I'm going in the opposite direction returning to Sky.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 5 (66 Views)

[ Edited ]

Only bundles that include Full House and 200Mbps currently get the V6 box as standard when you're a new customer. So these are the Full House and VIP bundles.

With any other TV or broadband bundle then the V6 box is an optional paid upgrade. The standard box for other bundles is currently the TiVo 500GB box.

In regards to the initial question, the bundle page itself here http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles.html shows the Mix bundle with 50Mbps @ £39 a month and the Fun bundle with 100Mbps @ £49 a month.

What's the page where it says the Mix bundle includes 100Mbps?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (44 Views)

So I think this could explain why there was the mismatch - a page link was available earlier than it should have been.

The Mix bundle is going to be updated to include both 100Mbps and the V6 box:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Virgin-Fibre-300Mb-Ultrafast-Speeds/ba-p/3374906

Not sure when the website will change to reflect that though.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (42 Views)

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles.html?buspart=uk_ps_a_cable_bing_purchase_VM-BRAND-CORE-PURE-...

I've checked on my husbands laptop, & I've just taken this screen shot from my tablet, which both show the same thing.(Just in case it was cookies or similar)

Every Bundle description has next to it a corresponding navy blue box with price details in it. (Yes, once you click on the option in the navy box, it takes you to a page where it says Mix bundle with 50mbps, but that's not what the previous page implies?)

My point is as a potential new customer, how should I know if it says Fun TV, then it's the Fun bundle???? 

As it happens, the lovely young lass I spoke to on the phone yesterday sorted something out for me & I'll finally be rid of the horrendous 6mbps connection I get (that's when it hasnt dropped out) with Sky tomorrow!!!

Screenshot_2017-03-22-11-58-27.png

0 Kudos