Menu
Jake-jake
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Waiting over 3 months for install. Almost zero communication.

I had moved out of my previous address (which I'd been living at for two years) using Virgin with minimal fuss or hassle, so obviously I decide as I am moving elsewhere I can set up a new account of my own (was sharing with a housemate).

I moved in mid November and request an installation date of the 14/15th (I forget exactly) of  December, still leaving a two week window before anything was due to begin. I next get a phone call going over some details needed but they failed to mention anything about moving the install date to the next week (21st/22nd).

A little annoyed but it was still due before Christmas and everything so I thought it was all set in stone now. Clearly not as the day before install I get another phone call that tells me they need to get permissions from, what it sounded like, anybody and everybody in the local area, including the council and the landlord (who I had already gained permission from) and they have a waiting period of three months, by then if they havent had any reply from whoever they have talked with, works would go ahead.

It is now over three months of waiting, with no more than one or two phone calls where they make false guarantees and give me the same excuse as the last time but no calls in the last two months since. No information, no updates, no emails, no letters.

Nothing.

I have been living here now for five months with no tv or internet, a phone bill skyrocketing due to the data I require for my work.

Any help would be nice!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waiting over 3 months for install. Almost zero communication.

Hi Jake-jake

Many thanks for taking the time and the trouble to both join us on the community and to get in touch with us about the installation.

I am sorry to hear that this has been ongoing since before Christmas and I appreciate that you have had to wait a good while.

Part of the delay is down to Wayleave and we have sent letters to the residents using the shared drive to request permission to work on this to provide services, not once but twice, but had no responses back so currently we have no permissions to dig.

I’ve asked for this to be looked into again for you but if we get no permissions back we will be unable to proceed with works necessary to get you connected.

Additionally you can keep in touch via Construction on 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jake-jake
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for getting back to me, I had been explained the wayleave before but what I had been told over the phone is if there isn't any replies/objections after three months they would commence with the work anyway.

Does this mean that they have given me false information?

If I had known that work couldn't go ahead three without the replies okaying the works, I could've just spoken with another provider and I wouldn't have had to pay for limited access on a bt Wi-Fi with fon for that span of time, that internet isn't cheap and like I mentioned before I need it for work so I have little choice but to keep buying more.

On a side note about two months ago the shared drive had been dug up for additional electric cables and it didn't restrict entry to the neighbouring driveway,
So I don't understand where the issue is actually from.

Thanks,
Jake.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jake, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

With Wayleave, unless we receive the permissions, the work won't go ahead. We have to make sure permissions is granted. 

Karen is chasing this for you so fingers crossed we will get the Wayleave permission soon. While we're chasing from this end, it may help to speed things up if you contact the others using the shared drive to see if they have any objections and share your woes with them. 

They may just be thinking that no one is actually wanting the services hence why they're ignoring the forms. 

Come back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jake-jake
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I'm assuming as I have had no contact from anybody since I received your reply that nothing else has actually been done?

I have actually spoken to the neighbour that I would need permission to dig the shared drive up for the cables and he has said himself he hasn't actually had any letters sent to him from yourselves at all, which also means that I haven't been treated particularly well because this is now the fifth month since my original application and I have been left on the sidelines without, from my perspective, any interest to help me.

I never had a reason given for the previous message when I stated the I had been lied to when I was spoken to from one of your colleagues about proceeding with the installation works after three months even if there isn't a response.

**Can I please have a reason for this?**

As I mentioned, I have spoken to the neighbour that I would need the permission, wayleave, whatever you want to call it, he has no issue at all with the works required, yet I'm fairly certain you'll still give me some other reason you want to keep me waiting.

It has been a huge disappointment since I moved to this address as I never had a single issue and stunningly professional and efficient service at my previous address. Since coming here I've only been given false information (in other words, I have been lied to), poor excuses and so little contact that if I knew about this from the start I wouldn't have ever even considered to apply for internet from you.

If you would like I can give you a total for how much I have spent for limited access internet from one of your competitors and compare that to how much I should have been paying if something had been done when I applied back in December!

Jake.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jake

My apologies we have not come back to you before now. I have been off for 10 days and was hoping to have had a response in that time.  I have chased the teams again this evening to see if we can have this escalated as it's been going on for so long.

I'm going to call them in the morning when the department is open again and I'll pop back to you with any updates I have.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos