Menu
Alfiejack
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Waiting for retention call back

I gave my notice nearly a month ago and have booked a Sky Q Installation for this week. Last Wednesday someone from Retentions Department called out of the blue and offered a very good deal to stay. I asked to be called back later on as I thought it only fair that I check with my wife, seeing as she had sourced the sky deal. I did not get a call back at the requested time that night. I believe that they may have tried me a couple of times since, but I have not had any attempts to contact me since Saturday. When I have called up to discuss this the people I speak to say that they will leave a note for retentions to come back to me but they have not done so yet. Also, the people I speak too say that they are not authorised to offer the deal that I was offered last week? Please help, as I will have to cancel the SKY installation tomorrow so I need to sort this out one or the other very soon!

0 Kudos
norman3456
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waiting for retention call back

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, and I hope you don't mind me asking, why did you put VM on notice?

I renegotiated myself what I thought was a very good deal and it appears to have been a complete pack of lies from VM just to get me to sign up again!

Rgds.

0 Kudos
Alfiejack
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Probably the usual reason that people give notice, sick of the price increases and what can be offered if you are a new customer, so I bit the bullet and gave notice to start with Sky
0 Kudos
norman3456
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know what you mean, VM have doubled my bill and added an extra six months onto my contract - not what was agreed nor printed on the contract they sent!

Rgds.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alfiejack, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you in the Community and even better that you are wanting to stay with us Smiley Happy

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Follow the options for Leaving us and this will put you through to the Retention's team. They will be able to look at the offer for you. 

Once the outbound team have tried to call you with no answer 3 times, they wouldn't try again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Alfiejack
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have gone through the process that you have mentioned but when I get through to them they cannot offer me the same offer as the outbound team had, even though all the notes are on there. In terms of the outbound team trying to contact me 3 times , this was never at the times that I had requested, so it's not surprising that I didn't answer, how do I go about getting the outbound team to try me again please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alfiejack, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and I'm really sorry to hear that you've had no luck getting the deal you were offered. 

The outbound team do speak to other customers and sometimes these conversations over run. The team try and stick to callbacks at agreed times however they are not always solid. 

The only thing I can do is fill in the same form that's already been done however I will need your information. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos