Menu
furface48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia Prices.

I have been a loyal customer for nearly 18 years, I have TV, Broadband and Phone package which is costing £100 pound per month or more when the wife gets on the phone. I have just been offered the same package by Sky for £80 and that's with the new Q box. If I want the new TV6 box I have to pay an arm and a leg for it it. New customers can get one free. So much for loyalty. I know it's not a lot of money for some people. It might keep Mr Branson in toilet rolls for a week but to me being retired and living on pensions it is.  What price loyalty????

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia Prices.

It is what it is.

Negotiate with Virgin Media for a better deal or go elsewhere for a new customer deal with Sky.

Of course, the £80 price with Sky will soon increase when you are no longer a new customer with them.

backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you are not currently in a contract give them a call and select the option that you are wanting to leave.

That department (Retentions - also known as loyalty) will be able to offer you a much better deal I am sure - if you tell them about the Sky deal.

Please let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
biddler66
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don"t for one second think loyalty will play any part in this or get you a better deal VM is only concerned about getting new custom. Their retention team will not try their best to keep you, they will offer a marginally better deal than you already have but you will still be worse off than a new customer. Sadly when you are this position it matters not who your ISP/CSP is but VM seriously need an upgrade to their customer service business plan.

backtothefuture wrote:

If you are not currently in a contract give them a call and select the option that you are wanting to leave.

That department (Retentions - also known as loyalty) will be able to offer you a much better deal I am sure - if you tell them about the Sky deal.

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sky do the same as do home insurers, car insurers etc. the best deal for all of these will be when you first join.
0 Kudos