Menu
gj-aitken
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VirginMedia could not supply to my new address Re contract

I was recently forced to move house due to a bereavement, whilst still in contract with VirginMedia for several more months, so understandable i am being penalised with a charge of 30 odd pounds for the remaining time i still had on contract,  BUT.... the property that i have moved to which is on a development in Gloucester has no VirginMedia cabling laid,  not on the entire estate, so i have had to go with another suppier,  my question therefore is why should i be charged for something that isnt my fault because VM cannot supply the location where i now live with Broadband service.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VirginMedia could not supply to my new address Re contract

It's all laid out in the Terms & Conditions 

If moving home (regardless of circumstances unfortunately) & there's no VM coverage in that area you have to pay the service costs for the remainder of the contract you signed up to & the early disconnection fee on top, so 7 months into a 12 month contract, you have to pay 5 months worth of service costs & the early disconnection fee before they close your account, it's worth remembering that if you don't pay they put a late payment fee on top each month until the account is paid up and settled, worst case scenario it could go to court as with any non payments.

You can try phone them on 0345 454 1111 & speak to someone in regards to your situation, but I doubt they will care & tell you the same thing, that you have to pay it up as that's what you agreed when you signed up, it is binding. (unless in circumstances where they put the prices up & notify you, in that situation you can cancel ALL services 100% penalty free within 30 days of the notification of price change)

0 Kudos

All Replies
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's all laid out in the Terms & Conditions 

If moving home (regardless of circumstances unfortunately) & there's no VM coverage in that area you have to pay the service costs for the remainder of the contract you signed up to & the early disconnection fee on top, so 7 months into a 12 month contract, you have to pay 5 months worth of service costs & the early disconnection fee before they close your account, it's worth remembering that if you don't pay they put a late payment fee on top each month until the account is paid up and settled, worst case scenario it could go to court as with any non payments.

You can try phone them on 0345 454 1111 & speak to someone in regards to your situation, but I doubt they will care & tell you the same thing, that you have to pay it up as that's what you agreed when you signed up, it is binding. (unless in circumstances where they put the prices up & notify you, in that situation you can cancel ALL services 100% penalty free within 30 days of the notification of price change)

0 Kudos
HONDASS50
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

hi we have just come across this problem and we asked virgin to transfer our contract over to new house but virgin don't supply this new property not my fault they cannot supply but is going to cost me £169 for ending contract but they are ending contract because they cannot supply this is a disgusting company and would never recommend this firm to anyone

0 Kudos