Menu
Lukewarmwater
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin service = who will listen to complaint

Have no idea where to go next to get my problem sorted without me having to pay out for Virgin ineptness.   I have today received  a Default Notice in which I am requested  to make a payment of £82 within 14 days of the date of that Notice. It is not possible to meet this request, not only because the Notice is undated but because of other reasons which I will set out below. The fact that they have omitted the Notice Date merely underlines the administrative inadequacies and failings which, for a business the size of theirs is mindboggling. I have set out below the circumstances under which this matter has arisen.
I was notified in September 2016 that they intended to increase my package cost to a few pounds short of £1000 per annum. An analysis of my use of your services suggested that I could save a considerable amount of money by cancelling channels which I had not accessed at all over the previous 12 months at least. In fact, it appeared that the channels I have been watching and recording are all available to me on Freeview making it unnecessary to receive the full service you had been providing. In early October 2016, I telephoned to amend my services and I reached an agreement for a downgraded phone service and continued broadband but cancelled television provision. This would have saved me some £650 per annum. A few days later, I received by email a new contract to sign and send back which set out sums in excess of those which I had previously agreed. I telephoned the offices again to ask that the matter be corrected and the contract be amended to reflect the sums I had agreed. I was assured it would be. Later that day, my services were cancelled completely which meant that I had no television. I telephoned again and spoke with a girl who told me that the contract was correct and the previous two people I had spoken to should have told me that the payment would be higher. She said she would reconnect my services which would cost the higher amount as set out in the amended contract. In response, I objected to this arbitrary increase which I had not agreed and asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. I was told that there was no manager available as “they are all doing one to ones” but she could book a call back within the next 24 hours. This suggested that managers seem more concerned with internal matters relating to staff (clearly excluding training) rather than being available to assist customers. I stated that I would await a call back but, in the event that I received no call, I wished to cancel all my arrangements with Virgin and I would then be going to BT who had available a good offer for the services I required. Needless to say, I received no call back. The following day I made arrangements to take services from BT with effect from 10 November 2016 and telephoned the offices to confirm that I would be doing so. When I returned from holiday at the beginning of February 2017, I had been sent, during my absence, an overdue account which suggested that my package was still being charged for at the original level, despite my phone line being transferred to BT on 10 November 2016. I telephoned again to say that I was expecting an adjusted account taking into account various matters written back to the date I had arranged for transfer, ie. 10 November for the phone and 13 November for the remaining services. The person I spoke to confirmed that it would be looked into and corrected. I then received another overdue account showing the full amount was still due so, on 25 February 2017, I telephoned again and spoke to someone called Conor, explained the situation and asked him to look on the records to confirm my instructions I had previously given. He told me that the television services had not been discontinued despite the fact that he could find a record of a conversation on 13 October giving a month’s notice to cease television services from 13 November. He also confirmed that my telephone services had been transferred to BT on 10 November 2016. I asked him to detail why, therefore, I had received a document entitled “Your Bill Breakdown” which showed a “Last Bill Amount” of £197.20p. and credits of £115.20p. which were overcharges written back only to 5 January 2017. He was at a loss to explain why, when I had no TV services from 13 November and no telephone from 10 November, I owed the difference of £82. I again asked to speak to a manager or supervisor. I told him that, because of my many attempts to get VM to deal with the matter efficiently, they had failed to do so and I was not prepared to be put on hold indefinitely for someone to be found. I reminded him that I had paid for my contracted services by Direct Debit up to 18 November 2016 (acknowledged by them) despite the fact that I had asked for the contract to be cancelled by giving a month’s notice to take effect on 13 November 2016.
I therefore fail to see why I am still liable to pay for these services up to 5 January 2017 which appears to be case from the accounts and demands I have received

A further phone call will be of no use I feel.  There is no email address to send a complaint to  Sending a letter will probably have no effect. 

Is this board monitored by anyone who cares enough?

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin service = who will listen to complaint

Nope. This board's VM people will be at a loss as to how this should be handled. VM have little concept of customer service and I've been banging on about that for years. It makes no difference.

The only way I see of dealing with this is to set out your complaint in a registered letter addressed to the VM CEO, clearly explaining the situation (separate paragraphs & not one block). Also set out your demand and give them a reasonable time to reply.

If they don't reply to your satisfaction, do the same again (registered letter) and demand a DEADLOCK LETTER. They are obliged under their CISAS affiliation to provide this letter (or a letter satisfying you).

If they provide a deadlock letter (or indeed if they don't within 6 weeks of the original complaint), write to CISAS and stick it to VM.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukewarmwater

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the final bill.

My apologies for the concern this has caused to you.

I appreciate there have been a couple of options given then considered and ultimately you chose to disconnect and I'd like to see if we can help any further with this for you.

In order for me to do so I'd like to look into this further to see how best we can support you, and for me to do so if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address for your old account with Virgin Media, I can then investigate this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what we can do to support further.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukewarmwater.

Thank you so much for getting back to me via the PM.

I've received your details and we are working to support you in the best way possible.

I'll be back to you over the next two days to confirm when this is resolved for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukewarmwater

Just to confirm the teams I was emailing to resolve the final part of this issue for you have come back to me to advise this will be updated within the next 14 working days for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can support you with.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos