Menu
Eddo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sent me two new modems, only need one! :-)

Hi, my Virgin broadband went down couple of weeks' ago. Virgin sent me a brand new modem which fixed the problem.  They delivered two identical modems same day, same delivery. 

Just had a reminder to return their unused modem. Been waiting for them to pick it up.

Can't find any return postage labels inside the box.  Am mindful not to incur unwarranted charges here. What's the most secure method of returning their 'mistake' duplicate modem, please?  Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin sent me two new modems, only need one! :-)

Contact customer services and ask them to send out a collect+ label or prepaid returns pack. Either ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any other phone -> Option 1 -> Verify your details when prompted -> Choose from the menu either option 4 -> Option 1 or Option 4 -> Option 5. Make the request for a collect+ label or prepaid returns pack.

Or make the same request through the Webchat, using a laptop or desktop, between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat online. If all agents are busy, keep reloading the page every three minutes to check if an agent is available.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Contact customer services and ask them to send out a collect+ label or prepaid returns pack. Either ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any other phone -> Option 1 -> Verify your details when prompted -> Choose from the menu either option 4 -> Option 1 or Option 4 -> Option 5. Make the request for a collect+ label or prepaid returns pack.

Or make the same request through the Webchat, using a laptop or desktop, between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat online. If all agents are busy, keep reloading the page every three minutes to check if an agent is available.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Eddo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Much obliged 4 good info' thanks
0 Kudos
Eddo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your help.  Have now phoned Virgin via 150 to request a return label for this unwanted modem.  Will receive it sometime next week, apparently. 

Think I'll keep this post open until the modem is safely returned and that no unwarranted charges are made.

Nothing like an ominous Virgin mobile text message and email, citing possible charges if modem is not returned.  Of course, one might wonder why Virgin chose to send me two identical boxed modems in the first place.  :-)   

Thank-you

0 Kudos
Eddo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Update:   Promptly received from Virgin the return post label for the unwanted, duplicate modem.  Used extra packing and the original box, taking photographs of packing process. Posted 27/11/2016 @ 11:27, from SPAR. 

to be continued ... 

0 Kudos
Eddo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

2nd Update: 

Friday 2nd Nov:  Virgin now sends me 'another' return label kit for the unwanted super modem that is already posted back to Virgin. (see previous post) 

Along with another warning about avoiding a £50 charge if the unwanted super modem is not returned. 

One wonders what might be the charge if one fails to return this unwanted postage label kit? £50 WARNING!!!!£50 WARNING!!!!

Eddo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Third update:  

Still here.  Having returned the unwanted, unbidden, super modem, using the label etc, am still waiting for an acknowledgement from

Virgin that they received it.   Posted it 27/11.2016 and copied the tracking number into an email same day .But no response to that, either. 

to be continued....  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam Can this be looked into please? Thanks.

- - - - - -
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eddo,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry for the trouble with this.

As you've sent the equipment back to us, you have nothing to worry about. I've checked the account and no charge has been applied. I'll keep an eye on it from this end for you.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Eddo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Much obliged to ya, Shelke, cheers! :-)
0 Kudos