Menu
ANNOYED101
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin...on the rediculous

I contacted Virgin to remove TV which I am not using and reduce my bill. The first person I spoke to was very helpful, but unfortunately she put me through to customer relations (term used loosely)

I pointed out my situation that I wanted to remove tv... AN existing service to reduce my bill, but that I couldn't enter a contract as I will be moving soon. The lady at the other end was rude and could not deviate from the script and didn't seem to understand her job was customer relations. 

It seems that VIrgin don't want my custom any more and are happy that I just cancel my account. Way to play.. Does anyone know the number for Sky?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin...on the rediculous

hiya @ANNOYED101 i would be calling back, to customer relations maybe got somebody having a bad day, i would be asking the agent to confirm if this triggers a new 12 month contract.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @ANNOYED101 i would be calling back, to customer relations maybe got somebody having a bad day, i would be asking the agent to confirm if this triggers a new 12 month contract.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
ANNOYED101
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paultechy,

Thanks. I did ask if this would mean a new contract. I did state that as I was removing an existing service I shouldn't need to enter a new contract as my T's & C's wouldn't change for the other parts. She told me this was how they did business. 

In my opinion it's how they lose business

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

but you have a package. by removing something its no longer the package so you need to go onto a new package. so technically you are changing the service
0 Kudos
ANNOYED101
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The expectation set by Virgin is to enter a new 12 month contract. This should not be standard policy... flexible component based contracts work.

The attitude of the call handlers was not as it should be either
0 Kudos