Menu
deanneplummer
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media rewards

Hi I have had an email today from vm rewards will post a copy of email, basically i was thinking it was a scam but they haven't asked for any details of any sort but we don't have the channels either, is it a scam??? If so who do I report it to?

Hello,

Get in there – we’ve specially handpicked you to enjoy Sky Sports at no extra cost, from today and for the next 6 weeks.

We’ve already added the Sky Sports channels to your line-up, so the only finger you’ll need to lift is the one that finds ‘sport’ on your Virgin TV box. You won’t be charged a penny to watch these extra channels, and if you don’t want the channels at the end of the 6 weeks, they’ll automatically come off your package.

So you can make the most of the first fixtures of the New Year, we’ll email soon with more details about your Sky Sports freebie. How’s that for a strong start to 2017.

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

6WFSS

contact

Help
My Virgin Media
Contact us

Please do not reply to this email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s).

Virgin Media will never ask for account or financial information via email. If you are in receipt of a suspicious email, please report to www.virginmedia.com/netreport

If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system: its use, disclosure or copying is unauthorised. Statements and opinions expressed in this email may not represent those of Virgin Media. Any representations or commitments in this email are subject to contract.

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP
Registered in England and Wales with number 2591237

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Deanne.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media rewards

Well the question is did you previously not have sky sports and can you get it now...

if so then probably not a scam, not sure what a scammer would get out of it...

0 Kudos
deanneplummer
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nope never had sky sports, still don't have sky sports.
Been with virgin over 10 years never had an email from vm rewards.
but your right can't see what a scammer would get from it either.
0 Kudos
dpk
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had the same email this morning. Checked the skysports channels, couldnt find anything added, scrolled further down past the HD channels and indeed Sky Sports 1/2/3/4/5/ is there from channel 511 onwards.

Nice one - no scam here Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
noggin46
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I received the reward email yesterday and wondered if a scam . still don't have sport channels so not sure. Agree , what would a scammer get out of this one. Odd
0 Kudos
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have one too and have just set the V6 to record something via TV Anywhere, which appears to be now allowing this in the get shows option for remote recording.

I'm at work so will have to check when I get home if the sports channels are there.
0 Kudos
deanneplummer
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The husband and kids will be pleased, me not so much, question now is do I tell them, lol.
Wonder if rewards is a new thing.
Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
rodrigoluk
Settling in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same here. I've showed the email to my family and now they are driving me crazy. I can't see any of the channels active yet! I did had Sky Sports earlier.

0 Kudos
koolaid
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I got this as well but no sky sports....

Anyone verified this yet or is it a scam?

0 Kudos
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Works for me but not HD.
0 Kudos