Menu
timmaloey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media quick pay, new security measure for Visa card.

I'm unable to make a payment because of the new security involved with Visa card. I've been using the quick pay method of payment for over 3 and a half years without a problem until 3 months ago when Visa card introduced an extra layer of security in which you have to type 3 characters of a password. Everytime I have typed the 3 characters I have received a message saying the page has timed out, even though my quickest time has been 5 seconds. I've phoned the Visa card issuers who are usually very helpful but they said that the fault lies with Virgin media's payment page. I've payed my bill by phone which is a nightmare as I have a hearing loss problem. I'm not able to pay by direct debit as I'm with a credit union who don't use direct debit. Has anyone got any ideas to help. Thankyou.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media quick pay, new security measure for Visa card.

Hi timmaloey, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I have already replied to your thread here: Virgin media quick pay, new security measure for Visa card.

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
timmaloey
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After joining the community I asked a question about Virgin media quick pay as I was having a problem paying my bill because of the new security measure for Visa card. The only feedback that I received was a welcome from a Moderator who also complained that I had uploaded my question twice. Fortunately I found that when I changed the browser from Google Chrome to the Firefox browser that solved the problem with Visa's new security measure. Sorry that I uploaded my problem twice, I had only just joined and wasn't sure that my first upload had worked.   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi timmaloey, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

We're glad things are resolved for you now and don't worry, we all make do things incorrectly at first Smiley Happy

It may help to have a read through the guidelines here: Getting Started

There's some really good tips on how to make the most of your experience here as well as a Who is Who section Smiley Happy

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos