Menu
dr_krippen
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media partners offer not being honoured

Hi,

I've been a VM customer for ages (since blueyonder days), and the business I currently work for has recently become a VM partner, meaning we have access to the virginmediapartners.com website, for accessing discounted bundles and deals.

I recently signed up for one. As I was an existing customer, I didn't need an engineer to install anything; it was already installed. The package was pretty much identical to what I was originally on, bar slightly faster broadband speeds.

The ordering process was a right pain because VM insisted, when I contacted them to verify the order had gone through, that I couldn't order a partners deal, as I wasn't a new customer. When informed that their partners website actively advises that existing customers, who are out of contract can sign up for these deals, they started shuffling their feet and muttering about checking back in 24/48 hours.

In any case, the order went through. This then broke the broadband. Luckily, the network team managed to resolve the issue fairly quickly, so no big issue there, although it was rather inconvenient that I had to wait 5 days for them to tell me this AND stay in for an engineer which never appeared (apparently, they did inform me, but they used a combination of my landline and mobile number... a totally logical thing to do).

However, today my contract came through, and it is wrong. The 'bundle' is not correct on the contract and the price is £20 more per month than what I agreed to. I am hesitant to call them again, as I will no doubt get an agent in bangalore, who will tell me that it was impossible for me to order partner bundle, that the price is correct and that the partner team are only available online, but I can see no way of contacting them online.

Can someone please help or point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media partners offer not being honoured

Hi dr_krippen

I appreciate you getting in touch with us on the forums about the 3rd party discount offer and I feel your pain! These have been a bane of my previous Customer Service experience for many a year when a customer has an issue with this.

The only discounts we support via 150 or 0345 454 1111 are those for Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile direct staff or Mates Rates customers. All other 3rd party offers need to be referred back to the site you took this out via, or through your internal HR team who may be able to support you.

I appreciate this is not much help to you right now and really do apologise. We have absolutely no interaction with these teams and no contact options for them either. If you are unable to contact them via the website can you advise how you initially signed up for the offer? There may be a way to contact them via that avenue?

Keep us posted on how you get on and good luck, and thanks too for joining us on the community Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dr_krippen
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your reply.

Fortunately, this has now hopefully been resolved. I contacted the VM Affinity guys directly, and explained the situation. They have been fantastic, and have now resolved the billing issue, although i need to wait for next months bill to be generated before I can be 100% sure all is fixed. They even arranged a v6 box for the problems I have had, so I really have nothing to complain about now!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
warmy22
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi the same thing has happened to me have been an virgin media customer for several years and noticed that my employer had become a partner also .
So I ordered a package and it says on the small print that the offer is available to new or existing customers adding a service and at these home address.
Not heard anything in over a week and was kept getting told that i wasn't eligible , so have said for them to check there own website .
So now forward a week so it's over 2 weeks since I ordered and still haven't received a install date and I'm getting told that they are struggling to get the price of my offer correct and to wait 24 to 48 hours which has now nearly been a week not sure on what to do next?
0 Kudos
dr_krippen
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Warmy22,

When I applied for my VM affinity package, we had just become a partner so, fortunately, I was able to get hold of our contact within Virgin Media to help out. My suggestion would be to get your partner to find out who your companies VM partners contact is, and contact them directly, with your order details and existing account details. This team appear to be a "group within a group" and as such, a lot they do is not known outside of the group, hence the issues with the general CS teams not knowing anything about the offers.

Once I had managed to get hold of our contact (I will not share his details on here, as he may have moved position, or may not be involved with your partners business), he was able to sort out the issues I had with billing fairly quickly, although your issues seem a bit more serious than the ones I had.

Were you out of contract when you ordered your VM Affinity package? This would be the only thing that would put a block on the process for an existing customer, as it does state you have to be out of any existing contract before you can move over to a VM Affinity package.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
warmy22
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dr krippin
Thanks for your reply I am still in contract but only till the 23Rd of september so it could be that?
I've not seen the part where you have to be out of contract before you can switch to a vm affinity offer.
When I call they are saying that they need a code to give me the correct price on the offer i selected.
Do you think i should give the affinity team a call?
I've been calling the number on the bottom of the order but have found a different one to call should i contact them?
As I said did place the order over 2 weeks ago .
Again thanks for your information
0 Kudos