Menu
Davecara
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin in Breach of contract?

Where would I stand with cancelling my virgin contract? Ive only been with them 6 months or so be it feels like an eternity;

First my landline number gets changed and no-one from Virgin put a porting request in so the landline number I've had for 15+ years has disappeared into the ether

The TiVO box is quite possibly the slowest piece of tech I have in my home. I can boot up my laptop and check the Bbc tv listings before they'll display on the TV screen

My Broadband is appalling. WiFi intermittently drops out during the day leaving my wife with a £90+ phone bill for data usage while my daughter was playing games on her phone

Ive done a test on speedtest.net most nights the last 2 weeks and the quickest its been is 28mb! I'm paying for up to 200!!!!!

Every youtube video stalls and buffers, netflix wont play anything (wont even open through the tivo box) and I'm well and truly cheesed off.

Leaving SKY was the WORST thing I've done, didn't think swapping providers for something like this could be fraught with so many headaches!!

Sorry to ramble but, Virgin are not delivering what they promised, nor the service I'm paying and I want out. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin in Breach of contract?

Where you would  stand is you would  be liable for six months EDF's, basically

If you'd posted a fortnight ago you'd have been able to get out penalty free because of the price rise, but as that ship has sailed....

norman3456
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame that more people don't take this disgrace of a company through court to reclaim arbitrary fees, when it's clear that they are in breach of contract!

Rgds.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davecara, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having a new face in the Crowd. 

I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences with your services since joining Virgin Media. This isn't what we usually hear about. 

Currently we're aware there is an issue affecting some customers where the TiVo® is running slower than usual. You can combat this by trying this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

We've also made some changes to the software and you can read more about this here: Update to our TiVo boxes

With regards to your broadband, I've gone in to the account to see if there is anything obviously wrong here and I'm not picking anything up at the moment. All signal levels and power levels are right and there are no timeouts either. 

As you have this connected via your wifi network it's worth seeing if changing the wireless settings may help. This link will help you check these: Wifi Tips

Come back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos