Menu
chriscox1983
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin account disconnected - do I need to take further action?

Hello,

I've had an exhausting and seemingly endless problem.

I moved house, had my installation delayed by 2 weeks, and then the engineer came and said he couldn't install without drilling through my wall or running a cable through a neighbour's house, which as a tenant I couldn't approve.

I've tried for the last 2 days to confirm cancellation of service to no avail, all I've achieved is giving Virgin more of my money via call charges, very clever.

I now realise my previous account has been cancelled, do I even need to take further action?

Please help me, the stress of this situation is becoming overwhelming.

0 Kudos
chriscox1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in an endless hell loop

Virgin delayed my property move installation by two weeks, stating they needed to do wiring/work in the area first, they let me know on the day of my installation. 

On the day the engineer finally arrived, he said he couldn't install without drilling holes in the wall or wiring through my neighbours house. I'm a tenant renting property, neither of these were possible, the proper site surveillance had obviously not been done. Weeks of my life wasted.

So Virgin can't give me broadband but lied to me so they could hold onto my custom as long as possible.

Now I'm trying to cancel, I have to get through to the pre install team, but they never pick up. The hold music is Never gonna give you up, which is a huge insult given their apathy towards customers.

I've spent bout 2 or 3 hours total on the phone trying to end this nightmare as they slowly siphon more of my money away in call charges.

Can someone help me escape this hell dimension Virgin have created?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck in an endless hell loop

I've joined these posts together into a single thread or we'll all be chasing our tails answering the same query in tow different places. I know you are new to the Forum and obviously frustrated with VM but it is never a good idea to duplicate posts.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
chriscox1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting absolutely no help at all. There is no one to call and explain my problem to, what else can I do? Just lie back and let Virgin take my money without giving me a service? 

I wish the customer service team were as diligent with customers as you are with forum admin.

0 Kudos
Crafty72
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain and frustrations. Dealing with Virgin on a customer relations level is utterly useless.

chriscox1983
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin account disconnected - do I need to take further action?

So my problem is resolved.

For anyone interested here's what I did.

• It's basically impossible to get on web chat, but if you go to disconnection fees on the website you can find it there
  • The guy I chatted to was extremely helpful and sympathetic (whether truly sincere or not, I did appreciate it)
  • He gave me this number 0800 052 0397 which is customer relations? It's the third number I've discovered on my VM voyage.
  • The woman I then spoke to, Shariel, was helpful and patient while I explained my long and complex problem.
  • She explained to me I didn't need to take any further action as my account has been formally disconnected already, she also told me that Virgin owed me £34 which they were sending me as a cheque.

So the entire thing was a communication problem. In summary the customer service pipeline is all about getting you to the right team, unfortunately the teams don't seem to communicate with each other that well. I got stuck in a loop of needing disconnection as the 'thinking of leaving us' team believed that was my problem.

Avoid 0800 052 1734 any way you can, that is literally like a paid music service where you only listen to Rick Astley.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello chriscox1983,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with your install, it sounds really frustrating. I understand that you need to cancel. We're unable to accept cancellation requests via the forum for security reasons, so I will have to ask you to attempt to call again. If you speak to the Customer Relations team, they should be able to assist.

Really sorry I couldn't do more to help.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos