Menu
diamondplus
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV (M) package -- is it still free?

Hi all,

I'm a long LONG time Virgin Customer (going back to the NTL days). Back in mid noughties, I cancelled my Virgin TV package and switched to SKY (around the time that Virgin fell out with SKY and stopped showing their channels).

I still kept my broadband with them, so TV wise, they placed me on the free "TV (M)" package. However, having checked my bill for Nov 2016, I notice that:

1) Tv (M) is now relabelled "Player"

2) That it looks like I'm now paying an extra £5 a month for a service I don't use, or never used for years.

Has anybody else noticed that the M package is no longer free?  If they're now charging for it, when did they start doing so?

(Looking online, the "M" package is different to the "M+" package, and "M" isn't available online).

My current package bill (nov 2016) --

Line rental: £19

Talk Weekends/Free Voicemail / Player TV (M) / VIVID 200 Optical Fibre: £39.31

Total: £58.31

...which is about £5 higher than a new customer would pay if they didn't choose TV (after any introductory discounts).

A side note: my accounting history is slightly awkward. Years ago, I found that they were overcharging me due to me being an old "NTLWorld" customer, so the person I spoke to applied a "loyalty discount" to bring my bill back in line. However, currently checking though my bills online (I can only see back to June 2016), I notice the loyalty discount isn't there, and that my bill is around £54 per month. Which, using rough calculations, is what I should have been paying prior to the Nov 2016 price rise... if I was also being charged £5 for the tv (M) service. Which is why I'm interested to know when the TV M package was started to be charged for.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV (M) package -- is it still free?

Hi diamondplus, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the community. I'm sorry to hear that your billing isn't correct. 

The New M package is still free although it's now changed to Player TV. It's worth noting that loyalty discounts are only placed on the account for a certain amount of time. Usually 12 months or 18 months. After this it would drop off. This is what has more than likely happened. 

To get it replaced, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They can check the account with you to see what we can do. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV (M) package -- is it still free?

There was a price increase for all bundle customers this month. Line rental certainly went up, & pretty sure all the BB rates went up too.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos