Menu
hamsa
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media services cancellation fee

Hi,

I recently took a Virgin media broadband service for one year contract and used it satisfactorily for about 5 months. But due to some housing issues had to move.

My new home already has virgin media provider, and I sadly have to pay the cancellation fees regardless. It would be better to not have the cancellation fees for such situations.

But due to the risk of such high cancellation fees and frequent movement of homes in Dublin, I would not recommend the services of Virgin media or go for it myself in the future. It would be good to have custom solutions for different locations based on the scenarios involved. Really sad about losing 200 cancellation fees plus the bill of 2 months I have not used the broadband for at all. Also a month's notice period for cancellation seems absurd, since it only involves stopping the service, depending on when the customer is ready to stop the service. All these factors do discourage me from continuing to be your customer in the future. 

I wish to know if there was any way to get out of this situation? and also as seen in the forum the customer service seems to be bad - no proper response very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media services cancellation fee

It's in the terms of contract when you sign up. You agree to be at the property for X time with those services. You may be able to ring them up, speak to cancellations and maybe get the fee waived, only a slim chance though.

Again the notice period is also in the terms when you sign up.

Not sure which companies offer non-contract internet if you are moving around a lot. Might be worth looking into in your case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos