Menu
geriann
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media sales call

at 12.43pm today [June 1st] i got a call from 0800 4089340...saying it Virgin Media...is that true?

it was a very persistent man who wanted to move me from my current 60mb to 150mb, with a free new modem & free security for my computer/mobile. that would be ok but he kept on about having this extra thing for £9.99p per month...something about an team that would be on call if i had any technical problems.

i explained i was currently only getting 10mb because i had an old modem. so what i'd really like was a free new modem that will let me get the 60mb i pay for.
apparently looking at my details on his computer he could see i had an old modem! i was shocked by that because Virgin have never mentioned i need a new modem to get faster speeds!

the man was pleasant, but even though i said 3 times i just wanted a free new modem so i could get 60mb i'm paying for...he keep pushing for the deal he'd obviously been told to sell.
due to the fact i have Social Anxiety Disorder [as well as Depression & other mental illnesses] i avoid phone conversations & confrontation...so i hung up. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media sales call

Yes that's one of VM's various outbound retention teams, if you want to you can opt out of sales calls use this page: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/optout

The upgrade to 60Mb should have included a Superhub. To get a Superhub, ideally call in about it. Ring 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other line) -> enter the main menu. Then (in order of most helpfulness) are the following menu options to deal with this: option 4 -> option 5 or option 4 -> option 1. You can also take the matter up via Broadband faults (option 2 -> report a broadband fault.

Besides calling in, there is the web chathttp://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat Online. Use a desktop or laptop to access said page, do so between 8AM to 8PM weekday wise. If all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes that's one of VM's various outbound retention teams, if you want to you can opt out of sales calls use this page: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/optout

The upgrade to 60Mb should have included a Superhub. To get a Superhub, ideally call in about it. Ring 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other line) -> enter the main menu. Then (in order of most helpfulness) are the following menu options to deal with this: option 4 -> option 5 or option 4 -> option 1. You can also take the matter up via Broadband faults (option 2 -> report a broadband fault.

Besides calling in, there is the web chathttp://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat Online. Use a desktop or laptop to access said page, do so between 8AM to 8PM weekday wise. If all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
rich05ard
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I called Virgin to let them know that I was very likely to leave them as my monthly bill is way too high.  The first sales person was pleasant enough but couldn't come anywhere near the offer made I will be getting from a competitor (I will save £720 per year) and will be receiving a better service with a great deal more flexibility.  I was told that if I needed to keep my home telephone line "someone else" would need to call me.  I received a call from another Sales person.  This man was pretty unpleasant and clearly extremely unhappy that their tactic to keep me hadn't worked.  

I am disappointed that Virgin do so little for regular, loyal customers.  The only time that offers are provided is when a customer threatens to leave!  I have also been fobbed off for many years with the suggestion that Virgin are in talks to get Sky Atlantic.  This isn't going to happen.  Virgin also losing Fox is more bad news.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rich05ard,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the team did not make you feel valued enough to want to stay with us. 

Depending on the circumstances you gave as to why you wanted to cancel would depend on how we proceed with the call. More often than not we will try and go through the services you have to see if there is something we can do to keep you as a loyal customer. 

Give the team another try to see if they can help. 

Come back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos