Menu
Chepstow
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media ignores rules of the Direct Debit agreement

Check your bank statements - I cancelled Virgin Media broadband in August (finished Sept) and transferred to a faster, cheaper, and more reliable provider (Utility Warehouse). But I now see they continued to take money from me through the Direct Debit.

I am sure Customer Services will sort this out, but only because I noticed it. A clear breach of the Direct Debit agreement. They've taken £230 from me without permission so far. Obviously I've now cancelled the DD but I'm very angry.

Perhaps its better to insist on billing and payment in arrears with Virgin. I would also suggest transferring to paper billing to provide physical evidence.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media ignores rules of the Direct Debit agreement

Hi Chepstow

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the billing dispute and my apologies that the account was not closed down when requested.

I do hope that this has been sorted for you by the teams since you posted, but if not, if you can get in touch with the teams to resolve this, that would be great!

It would be great if you could get in touch with our teams via the secure methods below.

You can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g.- Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Via these options our teams can clear security with you and support you with billing queries. As the forums are public, supporting you in this way is the best way to keep your data confidential.

Keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos