Menu
AppleMan999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have cancelled my instillation a day after telling me it was going ahead

Moved into a new place and contacted Virgin about getting just broadband installed. An engineer came and looked at my property a few weeks back and said it wouldn't be possible to do it due to the the position of the flat. I said okay and went with Sky broadband instead.

Then for weeks afterwards Virgin kept on calling me and leaving messages. In the end I called them, and after sitting on hold for around 30 minuets, I speak to someone who says all they were calling for was to ask if they could keep my account information on file in case at some point in the future they can do the install. I tell them fine, sure, go for it.

So, on Friday I get a call from the same engineer who came the first time. He says him and his supervisor want to come an have another look at my property and see if they can find a way to do the install. They look and the supervisor says yes, he can do it.

So, when I had spoken to Virgin about keeping my account information they had told me that they would buy out my Sky contract should they find a way to do the install. Great. I phoned virgin, told them the engineer had been and said the install was possible, ask them about my sky contract, they say yes to buying it out and everything is sounding tip top. 

I phoned Sky and cancelled my broadband with them, phone Virgin back and told them everything was good to go. They give me an install date of March 25, my Sky broadband was due for disconnect on the 26th, so perfect...

Then Saturday, after going from all the call centre hassle, I have a voice message from virgin saying my instillation has been cancelled. No explanation left, just it has been cancelled and to phone them back if  I want more information.

After several attempts and over an hour in total waiting on hold I finally speak to a third person on the phone and he tells me it's been cancelled and that's that, basically. That they came yesterday and said it was fine, going ahead the 25th, and now today, 12 hours later, it's not fine and it's not happening. After telling me to cancel with sky! 

Fix this Virgin. And get more staff for your pre-install department because my God... 

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media have cancelled my instillation a day after telling me it was going ahead

honstly if you have sky you shouldn't have canceled it if you in cable area and you can of waited untill after the installed happened and have new numbers sometimes changing numbers from other providers can be a nightmare with virgin media becuse they use a diff network and never touch bt network.

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
AppleMan999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media have cancelled my instillation a day after telling me it was going ahead

So many more phone calls later I finally speak to someone from the pre-install team and they say, after an engineer and his superior came to my property and told me the install was possible, and me setting an install date of the 25th, that apparently an area manager has visited my property, without my knowledge and he has decided that the install that I have just been told is possible is no longer possible. This is after virgin telling me to cancel my Sky broadband because if I do they will pay the early termination fees. 

The woman from Virgin just kept saying 'The property is not serviceable', that's all she had to say. I asked if the property will ever be serviceable and she said no. That's a big change in 12 hours, I wonder what happened... Really annoying, and now I just know that when I phone sky and tell them I want to keep my broadband with them a few days later virgin will be calling me telling me the install is coming.. 

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

they can vist without going inside and no need to be in for that part only on install day you need to be in just keep on ringing for update on the install date

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
AppleMan999
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Basically after many phone calls and a visit to a virgin shop, and lots more phone calls by the girl working there who also had no idea why the install never went ahead, I found out the answer, kind of. 

The girl at the virgin shop looked on something called 'badger', that said my property is ready for up 300mb cable, which isn't even available yet. It said my property and one other flat in my block were serviceable, but the other five weren't. After a lot of phone calls it basically came back that it was something to do with cables needing to be pulled? Still not sure what they were getting at exactly, as the engineer had already showed me the cable where I would be connected... So, it took three separate people, three separate visits to figure out the wire they were looking at wasn't the right wire... 

0 Kudos