Menu
chableu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media erroneously changed my mail address without notice

Virgin Media changed my address without notice in my July bill from "Flat 4" to "Maisonette Third and fourth" (see below). Maisonette 3rd and 4th is actually Flat 5 in my building, so now the letters are sent to a wrong address. Sounds like an automated database update that went wrong.

I contacted support and I am supposed to mail a letter to their office with proof of address to get it fixed. Seriously? You mistakingly change the address without any reason, and I'm supposed to spend some time and money to resend documents because your database managers went wild. No thanks.

Anybody experienced the same issue?

change.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media erroneously changed my mail address without notice

Hi chableu, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there have been changes made to the details without your knowledge. 

Looking at the account, no notes on there suggest the address was manually changed. Usually when a change of address is performed, a new account number is given. This hasn't happened in your case so I can only assume the system is working off the Royal Mail database. 

As already mentioned on the call, we would need to see physical proof of the correct address in order to amend things. Follow the instructions given to you previously and once we have the proof of address, we can get things put right. 

As e-billing is active on the account, you don't need to worry about your bills being sent to an incorrect address either. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chableu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

You're right, I could just get my bills via PDF and ignore your wrongly addressed letters. I guess I am zealously trying to be helpful to your company to point out an error in your database upgrade. I'm sure other people who are getting letters by mail must also be affected.

If I can message you privately, I will send you a link to my council's property ID which shows that Flat 4 is the Second Floor flat, and not the 4th floor flat, as your updated record shows. That way you should have enough evidence to escalate this mistake properly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chableu, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I only pointed out the fact you can view your bills online so you were assured your details are safe. So far we've not had this issue reported to us by anyone else and as mentioned above we work off the Royal Mail database. 

We would need you to send the evidence to us via post so we can amend this. If I was able to do it via the Community then I would but we're not able to. Smiley Sad

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos