Menu
Just-Me
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Website

Does anybody know when the virgin media website will be back up so If I want I can get to upgrade and not get this message

We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.           

When I access the site with ie (internet explorer) I gat the following:

We're doing some work on our site

We'll be back in a bit

We're just making some essential changes to our website. We've got all our best people on it, so it shouldn't take long. Please check back a bit later on and everything will be back to normal.

I have seen the above message for weeks now

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Website

Just-Me wrote:

Does anybody know when the virgin media website will be back up so If I want I can get to upgrade and not get this message

We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.           

I have seen the above message for weeks now

And you will continue to do so. Its working the way its designed to. If you have a vanilla bundle and wish to change to another, it will work no problem. Where there's something else involved- extra boxes, loyalty discounts, an expired bundle etc etc etc, it directs you to phone in so a human can look at your account and do what needs doing.

Apparently the programmers never got as far as the tricky "if,then,else"  statement.

0 Kudos
Just-Me
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, you can always trust IT people to do a thorough job. I dont think it will be much use phoning as when i click on the offers and upgrades i dont get to see them so i dont know whats available.

Ps, Whats this about:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

All i have done is type a post, happened with my first post to.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In reverse order

Usually happens when you cut and paste content in, any formatting the original has will be rejected by the forum. Also seems to happen if you edit your post at times which IS odd.

reference the not phoning in-

What I do is check out the bundles on the website (you sometimes have to trick it and pretend your a new customer), decide what bundle I want, then phone in and let them sort out the additional loyalty discount on the phone.

You got to work hard to be a VM customer at times....Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Just-Me
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, that's the HTML thing answered. Will take a look at the deals available, see whats happening with the new box (really should be a free upgrade) especially when you spend a lot of money with VM

"You got to work hard to be a VM customer at times" you could be right.

Kippies wrote:

In reverse order

Usually happens when you cut and paste content in, any formatting the original has will be rejected by the forum. Also seems to happen if you edit your post at times which IS odd.

reference the not phoning in-

What I do is check out the bundles on the website (you sometimes have to trick it and pretend your a new customer), decide what bundle I want, then phone in and let them sort out the additional loyalty discount on the phone.

You got to work hard to be a VM customer at times....Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos