Menu
JanineB28
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Superfibre 50? What tier is that?

Hello folks,

Trying to calculate what my potential cancellation fees might be should I come out of my Virgin contract early.

I have the Player bundle: Talk Weekends which is (M), the basic TV Tivo package (Player).

My broadband is 'Superfibre 50' but I cannot find out for the life of me if this equates to 'S', 'M', 'L', 'XL' and so on.

I need to know what tier it equates to to work out the fees shown here - http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Superfibre 50? What tier is that?

It would be 'M'
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would be 'M'
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
JanineB28
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks!

I calculate my cancellation fees to be £175 all in then. I've 7 months left - contract runs out at the end of August.

I'm trying to reduce my bills following a change in family circumstance and reduction in household income. I really don't use my landline phone or watch TV, I only really use the internet. I am interested in the broadband only deal available just now for Superfibre50 Broadband for £22p/m. 

I wonder if I will have to fully cancel my Player bundle and then sign up for the broadband only package or if there will be anything they can do to switch me to that asap perhaps with a reduced exit fee as I'm keeping the broadband...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JanineB28, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if you are thinking of leaving us. 

If it's just a package review you want, then why not speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to see what can be done for you. 

Downgrading services means you won't have to pay an early termination fee. However I should stress that if you cancel a service, such as your phone or TV then the early termination fees would be chargeable for those services. 

Give us a ring and we can go through your options to see which works out the best for you Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out