Menu
blivings
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media - Please remove this cable

My street was cabled late last year and I signed up for the Full House XT package in December with an installation date of mid January. Prior to the installation date, Engineers laid a cable from the junction box to the side wall of my house leaving around 2 meters of wiring still visible, which I assume was meant to be passed through into my home when the install took place.

VM cancelled the installation appointment citing a technical issue. I have spent the last three months trying to find out what the issue is, and finally ended up having to write a letter of complaint.

The latest response from VM is that the installation was cancelled due to either a) capacity issues or b) issue with the power into the cabinet. No timescale has been given to resolve this and the advice I have been given is to call back in 6 months time.

Meanwhile I have 2 meters of cable sticking out of my garden.......

Thanks

Brian

I don't want it anymoreI don't want it anymore

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media - Please remove this cable

if you were mowing your lawn and it accidently got caught up and cut, no one would notice...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
blivings
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just don't want my lawnmower to take out any VM services for my neighbours. I'm not sure if the cable is connected into the cabinet.

Looking at the news perhaps i'm one of the 142,000 premises who have been misrepresented as 'connected' Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

well it could do with coiling better - maybe whilst doing that give it a few sharp tugs - if its not connected you might find it all on your lawn - much easier to sort out then!

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Brian

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide services to the property for you despite initial expectations Smiley Sad

Thanks for letting us know about the cabling. For me to arrange to get this removed for you if you could send a private message to me with your name, preferred contact number, and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to let you know what they say.

Lovely sunny picture an nice lawn too Brian btw Smiley Very Happy Let's get that cabling off it to make it perfect again.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brain

Thanks for dropping back to me the details I needed via your PM Smiley Happy

I've flagged that back to the area managers for you so they can arrange for someone to pop round and remove the excess cabling left coiled on your lawn.

Let us know if you need anything else Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just fyi Brian
The tech is on his way to do this now for you so if you're working away from home this should be sorted by the time you get back Smiley Happy

Thanks again Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
blivings
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All done

Thank You for your help

Brian

0 Kudos