Menu
andysmith1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vigin Media Cabinet

Why, when approached by emails and formal letters from myself and Solicitors, do Virgin media find it very difficult to reply, when the subject of an uplift and resiting of their cabinet from my land will be costly to them?

There is no wayleave agreement from the local council and definitely nothing in writing from myself or the former land owners.The land that the cabinet is sited on was sold by the council as VACANT some years ago and no agreement has ever been made by any party with Virgin media.

Virgin media when challenged cannot find a copy of any agreement blanket or otherwise .

Virgin media will not respond when directly asked who the land belongs to on which their cabinet is situated. 

The thing is this cabinet can be up lifted and re sited on HIGHWAYS land at a cost of £8500.00 to myself.This is unacceptable to me as I own the land.

The last response from Virgin media was that they suggest I contact the local council (so I did) the final decision from Virgin Media was that the cabinet was not subject to a right of trespass and that  an uplift can be performed at my cost,and that the cabinet is protected under the criminal damage act !

My local council sent me the deeds to my property and my  land and reiterate the fact that the cabinet SHOULD NOT and NEVER HAVE BEEN situated on this land.The highways department have also reiterated that the siting of the cabinet should have been on HIGHWAYS land.

What are virgin media going to do about this? will you reply to my solicitor?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vigin Media Cabinet

Take them to court your solicitor will have a field day
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The last response from Virgin media was that they suggest I contact the local council (so I did) the final decision from Virgin Media was that the cabinet was not subject to a right of trespass and that  an uplift can be performed at my cost,and that the cabinet is protected under the criminal damage act !

Your solicitor should have this in hand with a view to obtaining a court order as suggested by JOhn - VM will do all they can to stall things and be obstructive but provided court papers are served there can be a finding in their absence.

I will just add an observation that the above quotes from VM consist of totally meaningless Virginspeak waffle.

An eventual update re the outcome would be of interest.

Good luck with it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi andysmith1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. I wish it was under better circumstances Smiley Sad

I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened and I'll happily take a look in to this for you. In order to do so, I will need some information from you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos