Menu
GlenB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

VM signed me up unknowingly

For another years contract. I called yesterday on this and asked them to listen to the call as I had no idea it was for another year and they said they would and would be back to me by end of the day yet no call. The guy also said that emailed me the contract which I never received.
I called back today and spoke to a lady who said that they never emailed but wrote to me and unlikely they would have the recording ! I never got a letter or email they don't know what's going on and I feel completely conned
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM signed me up unknowingly

You have 14 days to reverse this new contract.

0 Kudos
GlenB1
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Too late I wasn't aware and done it in August and just told yesterday that it was a 12 month deal.
They never mentioned this on the call at all I just thought I was removing hd and movies yet apparently emailed a new contract but I've never had this. Can't believe Virgin can work this way
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GlenB1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were unaware that a new contract was being entered in to when you agreed a new loyalty deal back in August. 

Looking at the account, as well as making some changes that you've mentioned above, a loyalty discount was also placed on the account to make things cheaper for you again. 

Notes from the adviser show that the deal was offered, accepted and the new contract was advised at the point of sale. With this and an email copy of the contract being sent we have to stick by that. 

We didn't receive any bounce back notification from the email so can only assume it's either been mistakenly deleted by yourself or it was delivered in to another folder? 

There is currently a complaint open, and this has been assigned to an agent who is currently looking in to things. They will be in contact with you to discuss this further shortly. 

Let us know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

GlenB1
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thank you for the response.

Why don't Virgin listen to the conversation then to confirm if I was told that I was entering a new contract? You told me you had this recording and that you were going to yet afterwards refuse to do so.

Its underhanded and devious why to tie people in.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GlenB1, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

That is what the complaint investigation will look at. They will look to see if we have the call and if so, listen to it. 

I'm not able to do that from here so can only go by what's on the notes at the moment. 

Once the agent dealing with your complaint has looked in to this they will be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

GlenB1
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kath, Virgin Media have refused to listen to the call.
Ian who is a manager who I spoke to said that it would not happen. I don't understand why not but he refused to entertain the request.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GlenB1, 

The only time we wouldn't listen to the call in circumstances such as this is if the call isn't available. 

The manager may not listen to the call right away but as there is a complaint open, the person dealing with this complaint will do it instead. 

Apologies again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
GlenB1
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I appreciate you work for virgin but this isn't what happened.

Just to clarify-

When I first called up about this I spoke to a man who said that you had the recording and they would listen to it and call me back that day but nobody called me back.

I called the next day which was when I spoke to Ian who is head of department apparently and he said you would not listen to the recording and it wasn't going to happen. He said this many times during our conversation much to my frustration.

I was really disappointed with this response and his unhelpful attitude that I contacted your CEO and a lady from his team called me back yesterday. She was very apologetic and was going to speak to her manager about listening to this call and call me back within 30 minutes. She didn't call back.

Regards,

Glenn
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glenn, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and again I am so sorry. Just reading your experience makes me annoyed so I can understand just how annoyed you are having actually gone through this. 

Checking the status of the complaint, this is still open and being investigated. The reference for this is: COM101051472

Looking at the notes left by the person you spoke to, they are waiting on an update from the person who will be listening to the call if there is one. 

As it stands, as soon as there is an update she will call you and let you know the outcome. 

Apologies I was unable to help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos