Menu
mitch84
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM personalise my package link is broken?

Hi

Trying to get any idea of prices via VM website but the personalise my package link is completely broken, it just hangs when I click it.

Its been like this for a good week.

Can anyone try it to see if its not just me?

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
fist101
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM personalise my package link is broken?

Mine been like this for over 2 years!!! Just done upgrade but had to do online and they had to manually build order as system down their side.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mitch84

Many thanks for dropping by with your query about the My Virgin Media options to upgrade online.

The reason that you are unable to make those changes online may be due to one of the below reasons as these can all impact the access you have as a customer to using this function on our site.

I can give you some examples but for Data Protection reasons, I cannot say which one is causing the issue for you if any of them are.  If you recognise a discount then you'll know it's the one potentially causing the issue here.

The list of packages that would now no longer show on My Virgin Media for the My Offers & Upgrades include:

• Staff packages – No staff can access this portal.
  • Mates Rates customers.
  • 3rd party retail packages- companies that offer direct discounts via our system not applied by us but added to the VM account eg Carphone Warehouse, Forces Discounts.
  • Tribe offers- customers working for 3rd party Virgin companies may benefit from a Tribe discount which means the access to the portal is no longer available.
  • Legacy offers- customers on older packages with discounts we no longer provision would not be able to view offers online as removal of these older discounts may amend their discount and remove their legacy discount.
  • Retentions deals. Again using this portal would mean the automated system would try to strip off the retentions discount, as retentions offers are not built into the portal, only front book customer services deals, so we block this access so this doesn’t happen incorrectly.
  • Any existing customer with more than TWO set top boxes.

I am sorry this is causing an inconvenience to you, and apologise this has not made your experience a better one.

In order to make a package change with us it would be fab if you could get in touch with us via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to update the services you want to make amendments to with us.

Please let us know if we can help out in any other way.

Kind regards

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Synthetic
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, it's been driving me crazy that I can't easily / quickly see prices to upgrade various parts of my package
0 Kudos