Menu
hhhalr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM keep charging me unplausible bills

Hello

I recently moved to a new flat where there is no Virginmedia wall socket that I can connect my hub to ... I tried to call the company and request an engineer to visit and sort out this problem but the engineers never came. So I stayed without internet

During the moving procedure, the team offered me to have a landline phone and TV for something like 6 pounds per month. My old bill used to be 23.50 per month and they assured me that my total bill will be 30 per month after having the new package.

Even though that none of my services are working yet, my bill keeps increasing, now its 70 pounds and the bill breaking down shows that I have been charged 20 pounds for nothing. plus I have been charged of services that they are not even installed yet.

I tried the whole morning to get in touch with the company but nobody answers my calls just kept listening to their songs, the chat guys no nothing whatever I ask they say you should call the company.

So what to do ???

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM keep charging me unplausible bills

Hi hhhalr, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even though your experience has been less than perfect. 

Since posting it looks as though things are working now? Checking the account both your TV and Broadband service is active and has been since you started getting charged for the service. 

As for the £20 fee, this is a standard admin fee on each account that moves to a new property during contract. 

Hope that clears things up. 

If you need any further help, let us know on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hhhalr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First Merry Christmas

It turns to be that my bill indicates  I have been charged for two months i.e. Nov. and Dec., as I got my services back only on Dec. I just don't understand why I am supposed to pay for a month that I haven't been using the package ??

Another thing, I moved from one flat to another in the same building so you are charging 20 pounds only for replacing the string "Flat-2" to "Flat-1" in your databases ???

The engineers that they were supposed to come and sort out my transfer, they didn't even showed up .. I ended up hiring some guy to do cabling and drilling in my new flat.

Then I discovered that my TV account was not activated until 9th Dec. where the company sent a decent engineer to fix up this problem

By the way, up to the time and date of this reply I still don't have landline phone. and yet you demand that I agree to pay whatever amount you like to charge me with ???

By the way ... it would require around 1000 pounds regular phone topping up just to speak with the right person in your customer support Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi hhhair

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I appreciate that the phone is not yet connected and the engineer didn't show for the install. Both concerning factors if this was booked as a manned install not a quickstart.

I'm sending a pm to you for me to pick this up with the house moves teams on your behalf.

If you could get back to me on this that would be fab.

You can find this in the purple envelope on the top right.

Take care and Happy New Year to you if we don't speak before tonight Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos