Menu
norman3456
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM change contract mid-term...

Hi there,

In December 2015, I negotiated a deal with VM - 12 month minimum service period, £66 for 9 months, then £87 for the remaining three. This was all conducted over the telephone with various different advisers. 

VM posted a copy of the contract to me which was incorrect, stating £105 monthly for 12 months. I contacted VM who said they would correct it and re-send it. I never received this and as the DD billing amount was correct, it was forgotten about.

Fast forward nine months to the expected increase in my bill to £87, I receive a bill for £112 instead. On emailing the CEO regarding this incorrect increase I receive a call, only to be told that the minimum service period is now 18 months and that I agreed to the remaining 9 months at £112! This has been escalated and I am awaiting a resolution, I wondered though, has anybody else had similar happen to them? Is this a common ploy from VM to extract extra money from customers?

Rgds.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM change contract mid-term...

Hi norman3456,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having some issues with your billing. 

Checking the account I can see you've already called us with regards to this. 

As it stands, all the notes on our system point to an agreed 18 month contract. We sent a new contract out with details of the deal and the agent who processed things have also added, they've advised of the new minimum term period. 

Usually we would revert back to the call however we only keep recordings for 120 days. 

I wish there was something more we could do via the forums but we can only go by what's on the account currently. 

If you have any documents that suggest anything else, let me know and I will certainly look into things for you. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

norman3456
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Kath_F,

Thanks for your reply (the only reply/response I've had despite being promised a callback within 48hrs), it is appreciated.

I have the 'Residential Service Contract' that VM posted to me, this clearly states the minimum service period as being 12 months, as agreed with VM. The contract is dated Thursday 7th January 2016, therefore it ends at the end of Friday 6th Jan 2017.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
norman3456
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This issue has now been resolved, VM have decided to honour the originally agreed contract price and length.

While I'm thankful for this, I certainly won't be rushing to sign up with VM again (after 18 years loyalty) unless I'm offered a very attractive deal.

Rgds.

0 Kudos