Menu
pimpmycode
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

VM Broadband RG6 Woodlands Ave

Hi,

Im moving into a new build shortly in Earley, RG61FH and would really like to get VM broadband even though BT fibre is available.

This postcode does not have VM services yet however streets only a few metres either side of us all have services. Is it possible to find out if there are plans to cable this street?

I have tried to register my interest on cable my street however my property doesn't appear on the list and manual input is not allowed on the site. How do i register my interest?

I was considering printing flyers and handing out to neighbours encouraging them to register as well, there will be a few hundred homes on the development when it is complete.

Any info is appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Broadband RG6 Woodlands Ave

You could try https://keepup.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/register

BTW your postcode should work if you have a space in it eg RG6 1FH when you enter it

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet?buspart=uk_pre_b_na_info_network-expansion

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey pimpmycode,

Thanks for registering your interest in having Virgin Media services at your property and welcome to the Community Forum.

I'll check into this further for you, but I'll need to take some information via private message in order to check your full address.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for sending that information. 

I've had a look at this and at the moment, there is nothing showing for pending installation of cable in your area.

The best place to go are the links already given by Buffer6, but if your address has already been registered by Online Chat, then this has been done, so your interest in having cable installed at your new address has been registered. 

Where you are seeing a blank screen, there is an option to manually register and put in your property details and your name/contact details (for your postcode, your house number isn't showing on the list). If you are still getting a blank screen, please try an alternative browser.

Apologies that this is not the information that you were hoping for. 

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could try https://keepup.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/register

BTW your postcode should work if you have a space in it eg RG6 1FH when you enter it

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet?buspart=uk_pre_b_na_info_network-expansion

Tags (1)
pimpmycode
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buffer6

Thanks for the info.

Even with a space in the postcode i get no addresses as below. I used online chat to register my interest with an agent but still wondering if there are any plans to cable this street as others around it are cabled.

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 11.25.44.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey pimpmycode,

Thanks for registering your interest in having Virgin Media services at your property and welcome to the Community Forum.

I'll check into this further for you, but I'll need to take some information via private message in order to check your full address.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Speak soon,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for sending that information. 

I've had a look at this and at the moment, there is nothing showing for pending installation of cable in your area.

The best place to go are the links already given by Buffer6, but if your address has already been registered by Online Chat, then this has been done, so your interest in having cable installed at your new address has been registered. 

Where you are seeing a blank screen, there is an option to manually register and put in your property details and your name/contact details (for your postcode, your house number isn't showing on the list). If you are still getting a blank screen, please try an alternative browser.

Apologies that this is not the information that you were hoping for. 

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards.

pimpmycode
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I would also like to encourage my neighbours to register their interest on the cable my street site. Does Virgin Media have flyers I can use to hand out to everyone on my street?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi pimpmycode, 

Thanks for your query. 

I'm not sure whether this is something we can help with however I have popped an email over to the Head of Expansion to see if they are able to send anything to you. 

If not, it will be word by mouth I'm afraid Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi pimpmycode, 

I've arranged for 50 leaflets to be sent out for you Smiley Happy 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pimpmycode
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Wow, excellent thanks so much Kath!
0 Kudos
pimpmycode
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I haven't received anything in the post yet, just wanted to let you know.
0 Kudos