Menu
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VIP with 12 month line rental saver

So a few weeks I enquired about a V6 upgrade and was told I would have to pay for both boxes (£49.95 + £99.95 + £14.95) as I was not on VIP. Strange I thought as I was on VIP a couple of years ago when I upgraded the phone package to Talk More International Anytime.

Did some investigation and my service levels were:

Full House (XL)

VIVID 200 Optical Fibre

Talk More International Anytime

so essentially at the exact same level as VIP for TV and broadband and a little higher for the phone.

Looking at the price I was paying which was nearly £124 and comparing with VIP at £120 I thought this was OK until I realised that my package price was without line rental (as I have the 12 month line rental saver) and the VIP price included line rental. So with line rental at £19 I was actually paying £23 (£19 + £4) extra just for the upgraded phone package.

Been on to web chat and the indian guy could not really explain why I was paying so much but I asked him if I could drop the phone package down to Talk More Anytime so my service level now aligned itself with the VIP package. I asked him how much it would be and he told me £110.?? which I then disputed explained that I thought it should be £101 (£120 - £19) as I would not need to pay the line rental. He went away to ask and said the best he could do was £108. I pressed him again but he said that was what the system was allowing him to do.

At this point I had been on web chat quite a while and I was going out shortly so I agreed to the £108 and he made the changes. I thought I would let them change my package to VIP and then tackle the £7 discrepancy later which is which I am posting here to see if anyone can possibly work out why I am being charged this?

When a forum mod picks this up I would appreciate if:

1. You could have a quick look at my account and make sure it looks correct (i.e. on the VIP package).

2. Confirm that if I were to upgrade to two V6 boxes it would be £49.95 + £14.95 (with the second box free). I find it quite ironic that I was paying nearly a £124 and would have to pay for both boxes yet know I have dropped my service level slightly and my package is cheaper it will cost less to upgrade to V6 boxes!

3. Help me understand why I am paying £108 and not £101 and whether I am actually being charged the correct price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIP with 12 month line rental saver

Hi G4DDS

Thanks for dropping by and for letting us know about the package query with the VIP service.

I appreciate you asking the question but we do not deal with billing and packages in that way on the forum.

For any customers who need data from their account clarified and information from their account given they have to call in as Data Protection has to be cleared for us to discuss this with you and we cannot do this on a public forum.

I really do apologies about that.

This needs to be looked into and dealt with by our teams in a secure way either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via  Webchat   as you have done previously where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have. As the forums are public we need to advise of this in order to keep your data confidential.

Please keep us posted on how you get on and if there is anything else we can look into for you then let us know.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When is the best time to call so I can speak to someone from the UK? I don't really have confidence in the guys on webchat to sort this out!

When I changed the package via webchat I asked the Indian guy numerous times to explain the £7 anomaly and to check that he had definitely downgraded the phone. Incidentally I have since checked my account (via My Virgin Media) and I still see the phone package is at "Talk More International Anytime" and not "Talk More Anytime". Is "Talk More International Anytime" £7 extra and would explain the anomaly? If you could clarify this then I can at least have all the facts when I contact them.

Interesting you mention about data protection as it was a forum mod on here that checked my account and informed me I was not on the VIP package but one of the Full House bundles. They also told me the dates etc. that my package was changed from VIP. This is why I thought you could have a quick look and check it looked OK but as I said above I don't think the phone package has been downgraded. Is it only certain forum mods that are allowed to look at users accounts?

I'll be honest I thought the customer service e-mail request forms used a few years ago was an excellent way of sorting things out. Send your exact query off to the team and they then have time to look into the problem/query, work out what changes they can make/compensate the customer before ringing you back.

I used it a few years ago to sort out an account query - sent the query off on a Sunday, with a preference to be contacted after 6PM on weekday evenings and on the Wednesday night a very helpful UK representative rang me explained what had happened to my account and then told me what changes they could make and how I would be compensated.

This was a whole lot better than ringing in or using web chat forms in my opinion!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So, I have had an e-contract to electronically sign and I can quite clearly see that my phone package has not been downgraded to align it with the VIP package. Been trying for a couple of days to find out what price the extra phone package is as this would hopefully explain the £7 discrepancy but a lot of the VM web pages concerning phone packages are going to the holding pages saying that they are being updated (have been for a couple of days) so I can't verify what price the additional phone package is.

Annoying especially as I asked the indian guy on webchat several times to confirm he had downgraded my phone package so it aligned with the VIP package when I was trying to understand why I was being charged a different price (i.e. £7 extra than I calculated I should be). Had to give up in the end as the guy said he could not let me have the package for the price I wanted which was quite obviously because he was offering me a different package!

Update: Just found here http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare.html?buspart=cablecall_02 that Talk More International Anytime is £15 extra per month and Talk More Anytime is £8 extra per month so that explains the £7 extra. Will be calling VM tomorrow - not trusting webchat guys!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the call plan prices. I do hope you've managed to get these sorted out now. 

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Cheers

Ian_LP

Forum Team

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I rang last week and spoke to a very helpful lady who had it sorted within a few minutes and downgraded the phone to Talk More Anytime (i.e. the advertised VIP package) and my package price dropped to the expected £101.

I do have a minor query - I asked the lady if I should ignore the contract and await for one with the corrected details. She said yes and that she would get a new contract sent out to me. That's been over a week now and I have not received anything; is there anything you can check to see whether a new contract has been sent out?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS, 

Thanks for your update. As the change didn't trigger another new contract term any contract we send now will be a copy of the last one. 

I can see you've actually been in contact with us via web chat regarding this and have saved the transcript as proof of the details. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos