Menu
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 and random payment - monthly - increases

I ordered a V6 box this week and was told there's a fee for the box, an activation fee and needs an engineer visit to install it (to plug it in and connect it to wi-fi - which clearly only an engineer can do) but because of the package I'm on there would be no monthly fee increase.  Amazingly the next day I had an email saying what my new package would be but hey the bill has gone up £15.  Despite calls to Virgin, no-one seems to know why.  Got put through to retentions who knew even less and they said they'd look into it and call me back but no call.  Any suggestions?  Not paying £15 a month more for a new box!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and random payment - monthly - increases

Hi jnoble100

Thanks for taking the time to drop by with your post about the offer and the package.

I understand that this option needs addressing and it is not reflecting the original agreement you had with us when you arranged this.

For our teams to take a look into this for you if you could get in touch with them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 they would be happy to get this resolved for you.

I am also going to send a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope up next to your forum name. If you could get back to me on this that would be fab!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, see my replies (messages).  You've increased the price and somehow tied me in for 12 more months, which I didn't ask for or want.  Revert it back to the original price and term immediately please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnoble100

I didn't change the contract, this is something that takes effect for all customers signing up to a V6 box with us.

All of our customers would be obliged to agree to this if they want the V6 installed.

With respect to the monthly pricing I appreciate there were issues with this which we have looked at working around and I will continue to support you regarding this in your pm.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mikepearce8465
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You're lucky...they are quoting an extra £43 per month for me to have a V6 box on top of the Big Kahuna package I have

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, I no stage has anyone said I'm tied in for another 12 months - regarding getting the V6 (and paying for it) or otherwise.  You're the first to mention it and you mentioned it in relation to keeping the pricing as it was (and as Virgin had told me on the phone that they would).  Please play back the phone conversation to confirm.  I am not extending my contract at this higher price.  As always intended come the end of my original 18 months, I will make a decision what to do, if the price is right and service lives up to what it's meant to.  It's not been a great start!

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's nonsense.  The box doesn't give you any extra service that's worth that much at all.  It's just catching up to be more aligned to Sky's SkyQ box which is still the best.  I'd look elsewhere if they're increasing the price.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnoble

I understand this has been a bit of a mix up and we're working to get this resolved for you.

I'll pop back to you later on today once my colleagues are available and we'll work on this together.

I'll pop back to you on your pm later on today with an update for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos