Menu
0-
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Usage reports

At one time I used to get regular email messages from VM to tell me what my usage was, how much I had downloaded or uploaded that month. Although it was pretty bland info, it was useful. I've not had that for some time now and was trying to figure out what I was actually using so I could do a proper comparison with other ISP's, some of who have limits. Am I going to go above 50GB a month, or would I need 1TB. I've no idea and can't find this info on the VM site anywhere. 

They have the info, I'm told I can call them and ask but I no longer have a VM phone line, I dumped it to go VOIP at a much lower cost. I can't see this info on the superhub as it has had to be reset quite a bit of late through loss of connection. Great idea telling us to switch off and back on again, only to lose the stats I'm after :-( 

I had another outage tonight.

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Usage reports

What would be the business advantage for Virgin Media in supplying you with information that would support your case to move suppliers to one which offers a limited service?

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

What would be the business advantage for Virgin Media in supplying you with information that would support your case to move suppliers to one which offers a limited service?

Y'see, this is one of the reasons why I don't bother with this community stuff any more. 'Superusers' jumping on people for asking questions. Makes a mockery of it all as you're always defending the company, not helping the person at all. 

I pointed out at the start that they used to provide this info regularly, but now don't. All I was asking was how to find out my usage, something that any ISP should happily divulge to their customer. Yes, I do want to check it to see what I can get elsewhere. I've been a customer since October 1996, twenty years, and have seen the level of 'customer service' plummet to the point where I simply don't have the willpower to go through the complaints procedure any more. As and when my contract is up I'm off, there's nothing to keep me a VM customer any more. 

I'm pretty sure it's my choice to select a limited service with another provider if I wish to do so. I don't have to explain why to you. 

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hiya @0- cant really use the usage stats from the hub since those are incorrect, you could contact support via online chat @0- cant really use the usage stats from the hub since those are incorrect, you could contact support via online chat @ http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), since isn't a feature either online to request usage. there is software to monitor usage http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html (for PC usage) to monitor how much traffic tablets/mobile are using via wifi most phones show this in the settings..
to monitor traffic across the network isn't really possible using the hub.
as for the superusers most of us don't defend virginmedia and its actions, some speak highly against how they do things, as for myself i sit a bit on the fence..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos