Menu
VIVID200
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to VIVID

Hi, I recently moved houses and was looking for a new broadband. Came across VIVID 200 and was wondering how can I know for sure that the speed of the broadband will be around 200mbps? Because previously i had a virgin broadband and was promised speed of around 50mbps but the actual speed was barely 20mbps usually 12mbps and a lot of time even in kbps. I want to pay for what is promised. If the speed is not up to standards what can I do to resolve the problem? Because last time i called customer service I was only getting "Restart your router" "There is a maintenance going on" and so on.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to VIVID

you can't be sure. depends how many others have virgin in your area. we have 200mb. it's close to that as i type this at 3am. but during the day it goes down to around 100mb.

which did a report a year or so ago and found that three quarters of broadband users across all isps don't get the speed advertised.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to VIVID

Hi VIVID200, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

When connecting up via ethernet cable, and as long as there are no faults in your area, there is no reason why you wouldn't get the full speeds. Wifi speeds will depend on your surroundings although most people also get a good speed via wifi. 

The best thing to do is speak to the Sales team. They can check the area with your details and let you know where you stand. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos