Menu
Geekea
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading cost

Hi,

So I am interested in upgrading my hardware to the Virgin TV V6 Box.
But there is some things I don't understand.
It says I have the highest TV package but if I want to upgrade my package with this new hardware it would cost me an extra 50.91 £ / month ! (total : 117.38 £ / month + 64.94 one off cost)
wow

So i check the cost for the same bundle than mine with this TV V6 Box, as a new client and it's 55£ a month (for 12 month, then 76£ a month)

So I don't understand... Does it cost more to be a loyal customer ?
I feel like Virgin Media is implicitly telling me to switch provider and maybe one day coming back to virgina s a new client. 

0 Kudos
Geekea
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading cost

I'm still hoping for someone to tell me I didn't understand something.
The lack of answer is not very reassuring.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the lack of answer is probably due to people not knowing the answer - VM may well get here and they will not know too much either - ring retentions you will get some answers there - what you see on the website is usually only part of the story

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geekea

Thanks for dropping by on the forums and for taking he time to get in touch with us about the upgrading options you have as a customer.

If you're looking online via My Virgin Media and the package increase that is showing is much bigger than expected then if you could please get in touch with the teams to discuss this as it may be that the online option is not factoring in a discount you currently have with us and building the offer to include this.

If you can get in touch via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and look into this and advise you of the relevant offer prices, that would be great!

Via the Webchat link if you choose the below choices, you will be able to select the 'Chat To Us' option.

Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep in touch and let us know how this goes Smiley Wink

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"