Menu
stuzyk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to sports

Hi, I recently upgraded my package to include sports, I have now read the contract sent and you have signed me up to another year with you. All I'm doing is adding channels not renewing a fixed year contact with you. Why do I need this, been a customer for 15+ years but don't want to be tricked into a new contract, just wanted new channels.. Is this right?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to sports

Was there any kind of discounting offered for the period (ie. 6 months half price)?

If there was then this is only being offered on a 12 month contract basis.

The rolling 1 month subscription option is not discounted.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
stuzyk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No not as far as i know, wish i did get an offer, just added sports then get a contract a few days later to sign for another 12 months, i could hvae got a decent 50% deal if i had shopped around, just wanted Sports for a bit but not a 1 year contract as i may move later in the year so might not need it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuzyk

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about the contract change.

Looking into this, an additional change was made when you called at your request, to another part of your service, and this altered the discount you were eligible for as a customer. The code was changed to better benefit you and in doing so this has re-contracted you.

If you're looking to change your mind about that option then please get in touch with our teams as you have 14 days Right To Cancel any new agreement or contract change with us. Once the 14 days RTC expires you would then be in a new contract with us.

You can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g. Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep us posted on how this goes Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos