Menu
misterwill9066
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded services last year - old service still charging me

hello sirs,

I currently have Virgin broadband and upgraded my service last year. Have noticed when going through payments since June 2016 that I am still being charged for the service I upgraded from (each month I have a payment on the 4th for £32) and then a second payment for £36.24 on the 11th!

I tried to look around here on my account and there is no record of the payments outgoing on the 4th! Can you advise me on how to cancel and get my money back from the previous account? I assumed when I upgraded that this was taken care of, but seems I am still paying for an old contract.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded services last year - old service still charging me

Hi misterwill9066

Many thanks for joining us on the forums and for getting in touch about your billing Smiley Happy

If you have upgraded your services at the same address this will still be connected to the same account so you would only get one payment each month for that and this would be showing on your My Virgin Media account along with the amount to be debited and due date if you pay via Direct Debit.

You may have another account which would account for the 2nd payment either:

• With Virgin Mobile
  • Or at an alternative address that you pay for.

Both Virgin Media and some Virgin Mobile transactions will show as payments to Virgin Media if you have a mobile with us on a Freestyle contract as the package is billed to Virgin Mobile but the separate finance agreement for the handset shows as billed to Virgin Media.

If you do not have either an alternative Virgin Media account at a separate address or a Virgin Mobile service on a Freestyle contract option then if you could get in touch with us via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat , that would be great!

Via these options our teams can clear security with you and support you with billing or packages queries. As the forums are public, supporting you in this way is the best way to keep your data confidential.

Keep us posted if you need anything else!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
misterwill9066
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the answer (I have only just seen this, I must pay more attention).

Once again however Im checking my bank statements, and the same things are happening. I really have no idea what this extra payment is for or how I can get my money back, I have recently had emails saying my phone is now out of contract, so the telephone bills are going down.  However there is still this mystery of £32 each month being taken from my account, again labelled "Virgin Media" - this however does not show up on my bills or account on here.

There is a £38.98 charge each month referred to as "virgin media pyments" - and THIS charge is showing on my account when I log in here, and is paid as per the statements.

For my telephone, there is a DD to VIRIGIN MOBILE - which has now reduced to £15.98, and again shows on my statements when I log in here.

Im seriously confused and quite worried I will be charged this mysterious £32 each month for many decades. How can I find out what this is for

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@misterwill9066 It seems from what @Karen_A has explained and what you have said in your posts that the £32 monthly payment is the Freestyle Contract part of your agreement with Virgin Mobile which pays for the purchase of your mobile phone.

I will append a useful helpfile which explains this in detail and advises how you can find out about this further.

1. Logon to your Freestyle Contract. Information on how to access this will have been provided by email when you made the purchase.

2. Phone Virgin Mobile customer services from your mobile phone, dialling 789.

Please read the following:

Your Freestyle Contract

0 Kudos