Menu
magicmike110
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to V6 box & New Modem

HI,

I had an engineer round on Saturday to install a new V6 box, I wasn't available at the time so my girlfriend stayed in to let the engineer in and complete the update.

When the order was placed I was told I was getting a new V6 box and a new Broadband Modem.

I have the new v6 box, but what I found strange was he let the old remote, even though it works, should there not be a new remote control provided for the v6 box?

Also he never changed the modem, I rang him back later as I had his number and he said the modem upgrade wasn't on his job sheet, can someone shed some light please?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to V6 box & New Modem

The modem swap is rarely on the job sheet when they book this in. You should have got the new style remote
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi magicmike110, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you're now a member of the V6 family Smiley Happy 

Apologies to hear things didn't go quite to plan.

As mentioned by jb66, we'd only order a new modem / hub, if the one you currently have isn't sufficient to work with your speeds. If it is then we wouldn't change it unless you requested, and paid for, an upgrade.

Since posting, have you been able to get a new remote? If not, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to get one out to you. If you want a new hub, they can also run through upgrade options to Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
magicmike110
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

All sorted now, a new remote control arrived in the post.

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me to confirm things are now resolved Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos