Menu
Hughie4
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade of router to 200mb for vivid

Hi On 23/11/16 I received an email from Virgin telling me a new router was being sent to me within a couple of days due to an upgrade on my service to Vivid. As yet I have not received it, had no other communication and so in limbo as to what's happening, am I getting one or not? Any idea on how long they do actually take to arrive?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade of router to 200mb for vivid

Hughie4 wrote:

Hi On 23/11/16 I received an email from Virgin telling me a new router was being sent to me within a couple of days due to an upgrade on my service to Vivid. As yet I have not received it, had no other communication and so in limbo as to what's happening, am I getting one or not? Any idea on how long they do actually take to arrive?

Yes VM are in the process of getting all broadband customers moved to the hub 3.0, either through forcing it via the free speed upgrades or just emailing customers to offer them a free hub 3.0 upgrade. Normally a hub should arrive in 3 to 5 days wait (excluding Sunday.)

If you ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Verify your details -> then go with either Option 4 -> Option 1 or Option 4 Option 5 (latter is only available to 8PM on a weekday, 6PM on Sa.) Ask them to look into it and provide you with the yodel tracking ID. Or make the same request via the Webchat. Do so between 8AM to 8PM if on a week day (9AM to 5PM on a Sa, closed Su.) From a desktop or laptop: Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat Online. Reload the page every 3 minutes if no agents are available. Ask them about it and ask for the Yodel tracking ID.

Once they confirm it is on its way and give you the Yodel tracking ID you can pop on over to the Yodel UK page, paste in your Yodel tracking ID and find out where it is location or status wise.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade of router to 200mb for vivid

Hughie4 wrote:

Yes VM are in the process of getting all broadband customers moved to the hub 3.0, either through forcing it via the free speed upgrades or just emailing customers to offer them a free hub 3.0 upgrade. Normally a hub should arrive in 3 to 5 days wait (excluding Sunday.)

If you ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Verify your details -> then go with either Option 4 -> Option 1 or Option 4 Option 5 (latter is only available to 8PM on a weekday, 6PM on Sa.) Ask them to look into it and provide you with the yodel tracking ID. Or make the same request via the Webchat. Do so between 8AM to 8PM if on a week day (9AM to 5PM on a Sa, closed Su.) From a desktop or laptop: Account and Billing -> My Broadband, TV and Home phone package -> Chat Online. Reload the page every 3 minutes if no agents are available. Ask them about it and ask for the Yodel tracking ID.

Once they confirm it is on its way and give you the Yodel tracking ID you can pop on over to the Yodel UK page, paste in your Yodel tracking ID and find out where it is location or status wise.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.