Menu
kashy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade broadband contract - Cancel

I have just signed up to a 12 months BB contract 30meg at £20 a month. I enquired about upgrading this to the unlimited 50meg which they said normally £32, they will give me a credit and do it at £25. At the time i thought this was a good deal. I then go on the website 2 week later and find that they are now doing the 50meg unlimited BB at £18 a month. 

Not happy at the fact that being a new customer only 6 weeks ago i am being offered this at £25 when they are now doing this at £18. 

I phoned Virgin media and they say we can only apply a standard credit of £7 which will bring it down from £32 - £25.The advisor says he understands but this offer is for new customers only, Well i am a new customer only 6 weeks ago and i want to upgrade to this offer but the response was a calm this is what we have been advised. I didn't really make a big fuss. 

Any ideas of how i can get them to give me the offer they have on their website right now? cancelling is not really an option as he quoted me figure of about £130 to cancel.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade broadband contract - Cancel

i dont think you will win this one - its how it is - a new customer is just that - one who signs today - their offers can change on a daily basis and they dont seem to care about those who have just signed - add to that if you had some sort of offer on yours - 6 months at a cheaper rate for example that can be cancelled if you change in that 6 month

all that said there is no harm in trying - the VM people here cannot help with such things - best dept is retentions - if its possible they will try to sort it

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos