Menu
Paddersbha
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade - Paying more than I could be.

Hi,

with the adverts for tyhe new V6 box (and with Tivo being so slow) I looked at what I needed to do to upgrade.

My upgrade offers online only showed upgrades to VIVID100 or VIVID200 increasing my bill by £25/30 and taking my bill to £155/160 which is way too much.

Looking at the bunles offered to new customers I could move to the the Full House TV or VIP Bundle with far more than I have now but for less than I pay now. The price after the introductory offer being £76/£120 a month.

So I ring up too discuss an upgrade. I am tol the VIP bundle is no longer available but I can move to the Full House bundle bringing my bill to £121.50 which is £16 less than I pay at the moment but with faster broadband. I will have to pay £65 for the cost of the V6 upgrade.

I asked when the new bundles became available and was told September. So basically I have been paying more for an inferior service for the last 4/5 months. 

My complaint is that Virgin should either have contacted customers on outdated packages to move to the new bundles and save money, especially if those customers are loyal customers who have been with Virgin since the year dot when they took over from NTL.

As a gesture of goodwill to a loyal customer I think they should waive the V6 installation charge, which would make up for the fact I could have reduced my monthly payment 5 months ago.

Mike

0 Kudos
Jamooster
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade - Paying more than I could be.

We are the same at the moment, Tivo running extremely slowly which we have phoned up about on numerous occasions, paying £149 per month for exactly the same package as the VIP bundle, without the brand spanking new V6 boxes and not even offered to give it us at the price that new customers will have to pay at the end of the 12 month period.  Instead we have now had to reduce our package and remove our sports and movies to reduce the bill.

0 Kudos
robmc69
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Another customer in the same boat.

The full house bundle is cheaper than the package I am on and you get the new box, i've already reduced my package and still pay more than full house bundle.

What on earth does a loyal customer have to do to be treated fair, all the original customers should have been issued a new box first to replace to now outdated slow TiVo.

I also like how you can't cancel the landline unless you scale your broadband package right down, the only calls I get on my house phone now are from cold callers, so I am basically paying for them to call me.

Get with the times virgin scrap the landline and give your loyal customers a package that doesn't always get blown out of the water with offers for new customers, give them what you should be giving us and we will all be happy.

Rant over....thank you and good bye.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paddersbha

Thanks for dropping by with your package query Smiley Happy

We hope that customers would regularly review their services with us and we are always looking to review the offers and options we have for you as a customer.

We do expect customers to get in touch with us if they are looking to review services and would love to be able to offer the option for us to call you when new deals become available but that's not a feasible option given our colleague to customer ratio sadly.

You can always check in with us to review services either by:

•  Checking in on our site to see what options we are currently promoting and then popping back to us to see what we can do for you around this option as an existing customer.
  • Checking out offers and deals via My Virgin Media.
  •  Contacting our Webchat teams.
  •  Or ringing in on 150 or 0345 454 1111.

If you have already used one of these options, then that’s great. Please keep us posted on how this went for you Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos