Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (188 Views)

Unreasonable price increases

I am appalled to see yet another price increase for a service which hasn't changed since I signed up in 2010.

The justification this time is so VM can continue to invest heavily. They continue to add useless services which many won't ever use. The VM WiFi hotspot could have easily been an extra, instead, I am paying for a service I will never use. HD channels are included, well actually, they already were and I'm sure from the 1st of November I won't see any new HD channels. And this equates to an additional £4 a month. I think VM need to be more honest with these rises because I'm sure that every time this happens, it is effectively another months payment a year... Funny how costs always go up by this amount. I strongly suggest the rise be given as a percentage rather than trying to soften the blow by making out its only a small amount extra a month.

Again, disgusting behaviour from a company which has a Monopoly on the broadband market. If you phone and complain, they will give you money off... But what about the investments?

Then they aren't passing this to their staff, they aren't upgrading my equipment, they aren't collecting all their old equipment, they aren't looking after existing customers...

We'll, for the box of old VM equipment that has been taking up space in MY house, for over 2 years after requesting it be collected, I am going to begin charging. The price will be £4 a month and is subject to price rises whenever I see fit. You have till 1st of November to collect. Please can you give me the billing departments address so I can send an invoice? Thanks Smiley Happy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5 (158 Views)

Re: Unreasonable price increases

Good post mate. I have been with Virgin for over 10 years but I will be leaving after this latest increase. There are better value broadband offers out there.

Tuning in
Message 3 of 5 (146 Views)

Came here to post the same. Another effing price increase, for what reason? That's like one every year for the past 3 years I believe. Definitely going to cancel. I know of another broadband company that offers unlimited fibre for £30 a month. That's who I'll be switching too.

Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (92 Views)

Could t agree more. This latest annual increase equates to a 10% hike onto my monthly contract. It's disgusting. I will definitely be leaving. Don't even use my TiVo package cos I get more channels watching freeview. And the broadband has been awful for most of this last year. They even charged me for having the account put into my name when my husband died! They suggested that if I didn't want to pay the charge that I should leave it in my deceased husband's name! How insensitive is that! Goodbye virgin! Can't wait to leave you!
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)

virgin increase their prices every year as do sky. it's nothing new. sky had two increases last year and are due another one. things go up, that doesn't mean you get extra because things go up. my mate runs a successful business, he has just increased everything by 6 per cent.

at least no one has mentioned what the rate of inflation is this time....which has nothing to do with any increases sky/virgin/my mate increase their prices by.

0 Kudos