Menu
Smudga52
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unhappy

Hi all

I have been with virgin media for about 10 years my bill has just gone up again to 42 pounds,this is just for broadband and my download speed is just not good enough how can virgin justify this, rip off, vodafone are offering broadband for £22 per month for customers so I am going to have a look and talk to them if it looks good its bye bye virgin media

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unhappy

As I've said in previous threads on this subject, Virgin Media do not have to justify their prices.  They operate as a virtual unregulated monopoly for cabled (as opposed to phone line) broadband and plenty of people will pay for the higher speeds that usually provides.  Those who don't want to pay or who are not getting the higher speeds in practice should vote with their feet ... but beware, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
andynet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't expect any offers, (or even interest), from Virgin when you ring up to cancel. I've been with them since the old 'blue-yonder' days. When I rang up a couple of weeks ago to give them a months notice on my TV/BB/Phone & Mobile package, the reply was basically "fine, off you go..."

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well  Smudga 52, I made the very same decision and move, and I don't regret it !

I have been a customer for much longer than 10 years,.. back to the Telewest days.. and voted with my feet.. VM wouldn't do anything for me.and everything they spout to justify an increase is meaningless for me.. I don;t need their connectivity apps, nor higher broadband, The Tivo was horrendous.. and then I lost all of my 'loyalty discounts'  too. 

Have to say I was sceptical about the VF deal as it uses fibre and also the BT network.. however in reality, it works just fine, for me anyway.

The wifi- is a little slower by comparison, but using a power line set up, and plug an ethernet lead in, it's much faster than I ever had with VM !

You get 30 days with VF to change your mind / cool off period too., but it is an 18 month contract..

So far, so good for me... Smiley Happy

Busybeas

0 Kudos