Menu
gadgesxi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unaware that my contract has been extended! How do i stand?

Hi there, thought i would phone virgin as I'm at my 18th month end and ask for the TV and phone to be disconnected as we only bother with the internet. I took the contract out in April 2015 (Big bang Bundle). When making my request on the phone, she tells me:

"Your contract doesn't end until June 2017" the lady says, "Are you sure?" i reply, "yes, you called in June this year to reduce the tv package" she replies, I say, "so that puts me in another contract?", "yes" she replies.

Now, this was never explained to me in June, i thought i was just reducing the channels i don't watch, nothing more. I asked her to play back the conversation i had back then, but they don't keep recordings that far back. She did however say that i would have a letter stating a new contract, now i have just searched all my documents and i have nothing from virgin stating a new contract.

Now i feel a bit swizzed!! If i end up being stuck in a contract i wasn't made aware of, then when it ends i'll be cancelling the lot and moving to a competitor!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unaware that my contract has been extended! How do i stand?

If the change was made in June, it is likely that the new contract would have been sent by email, rather than in the post. That's certainly how it happened for me back in April.

The email asks you to sign the new contract electronically and has a pdf copy of the contract appended. Perhaps you either missed this email or discarded it as unimportant.

All deals done with retentions come with a new minimum contract term.

0 Kudos
gadgesxi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Definitely never signed anything. Nor did I verbally agree to an extension.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gadgesxi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the community. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are wanting to leave us Smiley Sad Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

In terms of your new contract minimum term, as you've mentioned, this was renewed due to changes you made to your package earlier this year. A new contract was sent to you and in the notes, the agent has noted the contract details.

Most calls are recorded but we do only keep them for 120 days. After this time they are destroyed. 

We're only able to go off the notes on the system now and your continued use of the services show acceptance. 

I'm really sorry we're not able to look in to this in further detail for you. I can see a copy of the contract has been re-sent for you so you should get this soon. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gadgesxi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just received an email with the 12 month contract that was put in play in may 2015. I can categorically say that is the first time I have seen that. And regardless of the notes on the system, that doesn't mean the virgin representative advised me of a contract extension.

By pure speculation, did the person who I spoke to get some sort of bonus for extending my contract?? If I knew there would be an extension then I would have said no, and maybe no bonus for them...

A bit naughty this....
0 Kudos
neilg99
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To be fair it does normally say in your first contract that any changes to the package will result in the term being reset.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gadgesxi, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. Smiley Happy

Agents are bonused on a number of different things however extending the contract isn't one of them. It would make no difference to the agent in whether a new contract is accepted or declined. 

With this in mind, I don't understand why an agent would take the time to write on the notes they've mentioned the contract when they haven't either. 

I really wish there was something I could do on this for you however without any solid evidence to raise it, we're at a cross roads. Smiley Sad

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos