Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (56 Views)

Unable to set up Direct Debit

I wanted to use a different bank account for my direct debit. However, before I could do so, the website forced me to make an one-off payment. After I did that I wanted to set up the direct debit.

But no matter how many times I tried it wouldnt work, I've been trying to 'chat online' for several days and not able to get through any agents- I'm currently abroad and am not able to call directly.

Anyone has similar experiences? OR is  VM able to help me with setting up the DD?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (43 Views)

Re: Unable to set up Direct Debit

hiya @aliceyoung welcome to the virginmedia community forum, with the direct debt changes you need to make sure you have a £0.00 balance, when you try and change your details online what happens?, since the forum team wouldn't be able to do much in this case due to issues of Data Protection etc..
you could use something like skype/international calling card to call virginmedia on +44 345 454 1111
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (39 Views)

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Yeah the balance is £0.00 . When I tried to set up the direct debit it was either 'oops something is wrong', or after I filled out the details, it just jump back again (cannot set up)...been trying it for days and still unable to set up. Really annoying. I tried to call but it's also hard to get through...will try my luck tomorrow. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 4 (25 Views)

sometimes can be caused by a cookie issues, if your using e.g google chrome if you press ctrl+shift+n and sign in and see if you can change details or Ctrl+Shift+P if using internet explorer
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos