Menu
Synnah
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reset my MyVirginMedia password

I'm trying to sign into my VirginMedia account, but as it was set up over the phone, and for some reason I was required to give a password over the phone, I don't actually remember what it was. When I try to perform a password reset, I get asked a security question that I do know the answer to, but this answer isn't recognised. When I click the link to say that I've forgotten the answer to my security question, all I get is an error page saying, 'Oops, something's broken'. I noticed that someone else posted about this issue back in February, but clearly it hasn't been fixed since then.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reset my MyVirginMedia password

Either call in. Or web chat in about it, between 8AM to 8PM weekday time wise.

The 'password' asked over the phone is the customer verification password which is one way to clear DPA. In the event of you forgetting it, you can clear DPA by providing other details and have them tell you / set a new customer verification password for you.

Either call in to 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from all other phones) -> enter the main menu -> option 2 (faults) -> report a broadband fault. Or web chat in: http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> Account and Billing -> Manage your account online -> Chat Online. Access this page from a desktop/laptop device. Do so between 8AM to 8PM on a weekday time wise. If all agents are busy, reload the page every three minutes and check again.

The agent you speak to will change the password on the account to a temporary one which you should change afterwards. Also, change the security question too once logged in.

* Forgotten your customer verification password? Provide other account details to clear DPA when asked by the agent you speak to.
* Forgotten your account number or area ref? check your ebilling summary notification email (if you ebill), or check your contract. None of those handy and still want to call in? Simply go with the account detail step, key nothing in when prompted. After two prompts it will give you the option to enter the main menu.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Synnah, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble accessing your My Virgin media. 

Did the information Shelke gave you help to get things sorted? 

If you're still having trouble let us know and I will do my best to get this sorted for you. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cbret
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So it is now January 2017 and I have been trying to reset my VirginMedia password to no avail, getting 'Oops, something's broken' each time after answering my security question and entering my date of birth.  Have rung for help twice again to no avail, no-one able to help me with password reset and one suggesting my VirginMedia account should be deleted and I create a new one !!!   I would have thought that staff could email me a temporary password which I would be forced to change at login ???   Many other companies function this way.   Anyway seems it is a no go zone for VirginMedia at the moment.

0 Kudos
aceskr1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

signing in to my virgin media on-line is a joke. Especially if you need to re-set your password Try doing it on an iPhone it almost gets there then asks to prove your not a robot presenting you with a set of illegible photos asking which ones contain road signs and food etc. The images are so illegible you need to second guess. Its not possible to sign in and just a waste of time. I downloaded the virgin app but to use it you need to sign in to your account which you can't
So frustrating I have deleted the app. I use 3 on-line bank accounts all of them more accessible than this nonsense.

0 Kudos