Menu
mick4x4
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to remove sky sports

At the start of the new Formula one season in March I added the sky sports package at the time of adding I said it was only going to be on for the duration of three F1 season. This is what I have done since F1 went on Sky.

Phoned last night to remove sky sports but have been told I can only remove it if I sign up to a new contract.

I have been with virgin for over 10 years this is the worst treatment I have ever come across from them. It has always been possible to add and remove packages without re singing contracts.

So be careful if you add any packages to your services cos even if you tell them at the time of adding them it's not for the full year they will not tell you you have to agree to a new contract if you wish to remove it later.

For me I'll let my contact run to the end and cancel.

Pity virgin can't see the bigger picture and look after loyal customers.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to remove sky sports

I don't know who you talked to but that is utter nonsense, sports and movies can be added and removed without changing your contract 

0 Kudos
mick4x4
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That was my understanding, as this is what I have done over the last ten years of being with virgin. But according to the first person I spoke to this is now how it is, she put me through to disconnections and they confirmed it.

Hopefully someone from virgin can clarify.
0 Kudos
mick4x4
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I flag this up to receive a reply from Virgin?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The forum team work through the backlog, oldest to newest.

Usually it's around 48hrs for a response, but they do have to read everything.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you subscribe seperately the notice period is normally 30 days. However there are deals where it is combined with your existing package & it works out cheaper. The question is did you mention to sales at the time that you would be removing Sky Sports at a later date.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mick4x4
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did say it was only going on for the F1 season and would be removed at the end of November. If I was under the impression I couldn't remove sports I wouldn't have gone with that package.

I only asked for sports to be added on to the big kahoona package I already had. If I was put on a contract where sports is under removable I definitely wasn't aware or was it pointed out.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The name has changed, but the package is still being sold:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/full-house-sports-bundle.html

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mick4x4
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just looked at a bill I'm now on full house xl if this is why I can't remove sports I never asked to go on that service.

All i asked was to just to add sports to my big kahoona package for the duration of the F1 season. The full house xl has been added without my knowledge.
0 Kudos