Menu
paddedcell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive new contract by Email

Hello Everyone

Preamble

My first post, and it could be a tad larger than expected (said the Bishop to the Choirboy), so I'll get my apologies in early.  Bit of a story to tell, covering various aspects of the Virgin Media world (with additional apologies here, if this post would be better placed elsewhere in the Forum), so, if you're not up to hearing the saga, or you get bored, please just jump on ahead to the Questions part below.  Okay.  I'm going in.

The Backstory

It may come as no surprise to hear that this all boils down to the imminent price increase due to happen next week.  I'm sure many, many customers will have queried the increase and, perhaps, some may have had a positive result like I have (well, I think I have, more on this later).  I'm currently (until 1 November, anyway) paying £39.62pm, for a Broadband and Calls package [up to 70mb, and free w/e calls].  From my perspective, I kinda got a bit tired of the old 'hey, have a free speed upgrade!', followed by the even older (like a poorly delivered Redford/Newman 'Sting') 'hey, wow, our costs, [sob, sob], we have bonuses to pay [wets pants], sorry to pass this on to you, our lovely saps customers' price increase (at least 8-10x the rate of inflation).  So, after my 3rd consecutive year of falling for a pigeon-drop, I just thought 'nope, not again'.

I called '150' last Friday (28th) and pressed keys through to the 'Thinking of Leaving' team (final option, 5) and advised that I was probably going to be on my way.  I then cited the following four reasons:

• Price increase - 'yet another, feel like I'm being conned, actually [even mentioned 'inflation']
  • Better deals elsewhere - cited Vodafone's 'Broadband Only @ £28pm for same speed', plus TalkTalk, and 'even considering going back to BT!'
  • Paying for something I never use [landline] - 'I only use it to dial 1471 and find out which PPI scam has called, or 150 to call you [Virgin]'
  • Router issues - 'still have Superhub 1, some intermittent dropouts of service, not long enough to justify reporting, but very annoying'

It would probably be a bit inopportune to write here what my 'dream' solution would have been, but, suffice to say, I was reluctant to accept yet another (unjustified) price increase, with so many good deals around, so I wanted to end up with, ideally:

• No price increase from 1 November (a reduction would have been a very good result)
  • A new Superhub 3 router

Anyway, after a very short time to consider, I was offered:

• £32pm from 1 November (already a nice reduction on the £39.62 I'm paying @ mo), plus, for the first 6 months (of a 12 month contract), this would be further reduced to £29pm
  • A new Superhub 3, which would be with me within '3-5 days'

I was pleased with this (though I still kinda resent being forced by the old 'it's cheaper to have a landline too' to accept part of a package that will be rarely, if ever, used) and so said 'you've done enough to convince me to stay...please (after confirming figures etc) proceed on that basis'.  I was advised that the appropriate actions had been expedited and that I would receive the new contract 'by email shortly'.  Only I didn't.  And I haven't.  Not even longly.

Since Friday (order day) I've been checking my email regularly (yes, even my Junk/Spam folders Mum) and also logging into my Virgin account online but, apart from a 'part month credit (£1.93)' appearing, there has been nothing to suggest, in writing anyway, that anything has changed or been actioned.  Needless to say, with 1 November almost with us, there was some slight consternation my end as to whether anything has changed or will change, in time, and before the deadline to utilise my contractual rights to move elsewhere.

For the last couple of days I've been Tweeting, well, more like squawking (certainly miles away from chirping, put it that way!), like an idiot and getting some rather confusing and ambiguous responses.  I've been told:

• 'contract will be emailed' - by the person I initially spoke to last Friday, who agreed new deal
  • 'contract will be posted' - by a person I called (150) yesterday
  • 'contract will be emailed' - a couple of Virgin Media Tweet teamers
  • 'contract will be emailed' - see below

new contract 1.jpg

•  'contract will be posted' - someone on '150' today (after resending the exact same email contract attempt, 2 days later!)

I have also checked the 'Track Orders' re my new Superhub 3 and I keep getting 'no orders pending, check again in 24hrs'?

Okay, you'll be pleased to hear, that's it!  Now, to my...

Questions

1. what is the problem with emailing a contract?  Is it 'me' specific (apols, a glint of paranoia there)?  Surely, this is a fairly common and straightforward procedure?  What possible reasons could prevent this being able to be done?
  2. why would an order placed on Friday not be trackable?  (I was advised today - via '150' -that 'the order is in the system'.)  What reasons could prevent it showing under my 'Track Orders' screen?

I should advise that I (admittedly, rather friendly and helpful 'Naomi') was advised today that the agreed contract changes have been made, and that my new Superhub order is 'in the system'.  But that's all I have: verbal assurances.  I want something in writing.  I know that I will probably receive a new contract in the post next week sometime (in fact, I'll probably get two, due to Naomi trying to send again today) but that will be after the required contractual cancellation notification period allowed, i.e. I'll be tied into maintaining a contract, at the 'Sting' rate.

I guess I'm just wondering whether anyone else has had similar experiences and/or whether someone can let me know why there are issues with such an, apparently, simple process?

Okey dokes, well, thanks for sticking with it (if you did, and even if you didn't!).  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes

paddedcell 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive new contract by Email

Hi paddedcell, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having an issue getting your contract sent out to you via email. It's not something we hear of very often and I can only apologise. 

What I can tell you is that the Hub 3.0 is on it's way (if you've not already received it) as is the contract. As soon as the Hub 3.0 is activated, that is when your right to cancel period starts so anything you're unhappy with in the contract when you do receive it, let us know.

For now it's just a waiting game. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paddedcell
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'A waiting game'?  Indeed.  How nicely put.

I am still waiting for:

1. My posted (paper) contract (x2), and
  2. The Superhub 3 to appear in my orders, so I can track it.

It is almost one week since first calling and having the conversation which resulted in new rates being confirmed and a new Hub being ordered.

I live in the UK.  It's 2016.  I am a Virgin Media customer.

No more games.  I'm bored already.  Perhaps you can look into this again, and offer some more specific details?  Or, perhaps at the very least, reread my initial post and the questions contained therein:

• 'what is the problem with emailing a contract?  [ ... ]  What possible reasons could prevent this being able to be done?'
  • 'why would an order placed on [last] Friday not be trackable?  [ ... ]  What reasons could prevent it showing under my 'Track Orders' screen?'

Wishes.

paddedcell

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paddedcell.

Thanks for getting back to us about the copy contract.

My apologies this has not yet arrived via email for you, neither the original which is usually sent within 2-3 working days, nor the copy contract.

The copies can take up to 7 working days to be reproduced and resent for you. This was arranged by my colleague on the 30th October for you so this may take until next week to arrive for you.

I can see that the email address we have as a contact for you is not the same as the one you have with us on the forums. If you'd like to check iof the email we have on file for you is correct to ensure this is going to the right email for you if you could contact the teams via Webchat or call the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can clear security to make sure this is correct for you. This may be the reason that the copy has not yet arrived or it may be perfectly fine if you have emails forwarded to alternatives and that is why I can see both.

Keep us posted and thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
paddedcell
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Politics and rhetoric.  Everywhere one turns these days, it's politics and rhetoric...

Would you be so kind as to answer the following extant questions - which seem clear, understandable and answerable - plus the new questions generated by the responses thus far:

1. 'what is the problem with emailing a contract?  [ ... ]  What possible reasons could prevent this being able to be done?'
  2. 'why would an order [Superhub 3.0] placed on [last] Friday not be trackable?  [ ... ]  What reasons could prevent it showing under my 'Track Orders' screen?'
  3. What account/contact information have I provided to enable Kath to be able to tell me my 'Hub 3.0 is on its way'?  Particularly when I have no record of the order on my account (per q2 above)?
  4. Am I obliged to register for the Forum with the same email address I use for signing into my online Virgin Media account?
  5. What account/contact information have I provided to enable you to be able to tell me that 'the email address we have as a contact for you is not the same as the one you have with us on the forums'?
  6. Could you please confirm that posted (paper) contracts (x2) have, actually, been physically posted?  (And if so, when?)

I look forward to receiving your answers to these direct questions.

Best [insert additional word, if applicable].

paddedcell

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paddedcell

Thanks for dropping back to us on the forums.

in order to find your details staff on the forums are able to view your email and mac address. With these we can trace most accounts for customers to enable us to support them. In your case I noticed the account email contact is different to the one you have as the forum email address, and given that the issue has been that the contract has not been sent to you, I mentioned this as this may have been the cause of the delay.

For us to arrange a paper copy of the contract for you I would need to send a pm to you which I'm doing next and that you can find in the up on the top right of the forum page.

If you could get back to me, that would be great. I'll do what I can to resolve this for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos