smmjv
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get vulnerable adult's online account sorted

• My mother is a vulnerable 89 year old
  • I ordered broadband and phone for her
  • They are installed and working fine
  • However, I am unable to sort out the online access to her account (I am a VM customer at my own home and am very familiar with the process)
  • I ave been trying for over a week and I always get... "Sorry! We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment."
  • I have spent over an hour in chat and telephone hell this morning so now I am trying you.
  • I am NOT asking you to give me any details from her account.
  • What I want is to give you her account details and have someone in tech support check the weblogs etc to see what is causing the issue
  • Any results can be emailed to the email address on the account

Is the general issue clear?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get vulnerable adult's online account sorted

Hi smmjv

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the account.

The quickest way to get resolved is to call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can resolve this for you.

If you're not the account holder then we'd be unable to access the account however I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

smmjv
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

With no help from this forum or Virgin Media, my mother got most of the way through the register process using the chat help function until she had to verify her email.

At this point, the chat agent told her that Virgin's system had gone down!

So, the account has an email address and a password but that email address is not verified so she cannot log in and there seems to be no way to get the verification email sent again.

She has been trying to get help through chat but she ends up in a loop asking her to 'try later'.

How can a verification email be re-sent WITHOUT an 88 years old person being asked to use the phone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi smmjv

I really am truly sorry that this happened last week.

We did have a number of system issues that lasted for a few days and this of course had an impact on our customers, your mother included for which I apologise.

Can you let us know if this was sorted since you posted?

If not if you could let me know and I'll see what we can do to support you both.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

smmjv
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"A number of system issues" is rather an understatement.

She was in a chat session online when Virgin's bad hair day started. The chat agent had reset the password to ******** and the idea was that this could then be re reset on the next login which attempted right there and then without success. Now the original password does not work, nor does **********.

This process has been repeated and repeated and the password reset email never, ever arrives. yes, the Spam folder has been checked as has ever other folder... no password reset email.

So, if you are able to sponge off whatever gunk is blocking the system and get the password reset email to come through, we can attempt to make some progress.

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi smmjv

I'll be happy to support in whatever way I can.

If you are able to clear security on her account for us, then we can look at resolving the issues that were further compounded by the IT problems we had last week.

In order to get the details we need to help with this if you can get back in touch with me on the PM I'm sending to you that you can find on the top right of the forums in the that would be great!

Speak soon

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi smmjv

Thanks for the confirmation via your PM

There's some further details I need to check with you so I've popped back to you again on a PM to check into this.

If you can get back again that would be really appreciated.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team