Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)

Unable to check available upgrade or extras

Greetings,

I would first like to state that I have been a Virgin customer now for almost 10 years, and I'm beginning to feel more and more like migrating to a rival provider due to service and not feeling like  being treated as a valued loyal customer.

So following a recent review of my contract with yourselves, I agreed to continue (put up with) the TIVO box I have and retain the 150Mb broadband speeds as I was unwilling to stomp up the costs to get a V6 box. Since this point I have not been able to access the extras or upgrades section of my account without being greeted with a message advising "We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help." Why offer an online account service and then force people to call you ?

I initially thought this might just be due to having just resigned my agreement, and it would resume after the next billing date. However, this has remained the same since July of last year.

At present I have several issues which are a source of irritation, but which I am putting up with for the time being.

Firstly, the performance of my TIVO box, which is akin to running Windows 10 on a 10 year old PC. This has been evident since the software upgrade and UI update last year. prior to this point the performance was acceptable, but now its bordering on 'bloody annoying' and unresponsive. The box has been restarted several times but without offering any performance improvement. I am not willing to fully reset the box yet as I have several programs as yet unwatched.

Secondly, the performance of the Super (really???) Hub 2 router I'm using. This gives fluctuating performance and rebooting isnt the answer either. Rebooting needs to be completed several times as associated devices struggle to automatically connect. What makes this more annoying is that I paid for this equipment as part of the speed upgrade of my broadband service !!! I think they saw me coming ...!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 3 (23 Views)

Re: Unable to check available upgrade or extras

I wonder if anyone from VM will actually respond to this !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Message 3 of 3 (17 Views)

Re: Unable to check available upgrade or extras

This Community Forum is not the primary support vehicle for Virgin Media.

Virgin Media are active here but response times can be several days at times.

Be patient and don't bump this thread and you will get a response.

0 Kudos