Menu
Mfinn1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UNWANTED NUSCIENCE CALLS

Can someone tell me how to get in contact with someone to report unwanted calls.

Every day my dad is getting a call from this number 0800 408 9340 on his mobile.
The number does not speak when answered and it leaves an answer phone message. There is nothing on the answerphone message.
However it is a pay as you go mobile so costs us to call and listen to the messages.
This is getting beyond a joke now as we have 8 missed answer phone messages so this will cost £3 to listen and clear these. So who do I speak to about a refund...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: UNWANTED NUSCIENCE CALLS

Are you or your father an account holder for broadband/TV/phone account with VM or an account for mobile services with VM? The account holder would normally need to call in to optout of marking calls, for broadband/tv/phone ring 0345 454 1111 from any phone or 150 from a landline and make the optout request. For a Virgin Mobile account ring 789 from the VM mobile or 0345 600 0789 and make the optout request. It will take up to 6 weeks for the optout to complete. But if you don't mind waiting some days, a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can do the optout for you.

As to the voice mail charge, do you have a free phone support line number for the mobile company your father is with? If so, ring that and ask them to clear the messages from their end. They can do that easily and spare you the expense. If you have already cleared the messages and incurred a cost, then the account holder could contact VM on the numbers above and ask for a credit, that credit would go into your VM account though.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have never understood this "6 weeks for the optout to complete" which is oft repeated by the Forum team.

How on earth can it take six weeks to perform such a simple task?

Given that these callers are persistent even when told that you are not interested and that some posters have complained that, should they agree to a new contract, it does not always reflect what was said, it is time that VM gave up this practice as it does not make the company look like a reputable outfit.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Mfinn1980
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have been a Virgin Cable customer for the last umpteen years but have only just started to get the calls this bad for the last few days.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mfnn1980

I'm glad you've posted about the issues your dad is having as it gives us a chance to support you with this Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the nuisance calls are causing any inconvenience to you all.

I'm going to drop a pm to you that you can find in the top right of the forums next to your forum name and if you could get back to me on this, that would be great.

I hope to speak soon so we can start the process of getting this sorted for you both.

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"